Ratings for Dr. Charles Silvera

I saw Silvera for a few years. His staff is detached and unconcerned. I called requesting a refill because I had lost mine and it was nothing but hassles. I didn't have the phone number of my pharmacy and they refused to look it up, which would have been helpful. A few hours later I got a call from him complaining that I gave his staff a hard time, untrue. He then told me that I was non-compliant with my medication. I asked him if that was true why would I be calling for a refill. Dead silence, not a peep out of Silvera. On another occasion I called on three separate occasions about back pain and was that my kidneys. He finally called back, advising that kidneys don't feel pain and hung up without even suggesting to make an appointment and he would x-ray my back. I went to an orthopedist who did several x-rays and made an appointment for an MRI. It turns out that I have a back full of disc disease. Good going Charlie you arrogant, incompetent ....

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

Always in a rush to see the next patient.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

very good doctor, kind and caring, staff is nice.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

He made me cry. I called him in the morning at 10 am and still hadn't heard back by 4, which would have been fine if he weren't gone for a week and I didn't have a high white blood count, fevers and pain all over for 2 weeks straight. he was aggressive and mean. He asked me what the emergency was in a ridiculously sarcastic and angry tone when I made a last minute appointment because he had been away for a week. He made me cry and told me I was aggressive. he was just projecting his aggression on to me. I was not aggressive at all and just concerned about my symptoms and felt like I wasn't getting the attention I needed. I will NEVER go back to him again. In addition his staff is rude and constantly bothered that you are making them do their jobs whenever you ask a question. A man in the waiting room today actually started telling me he's never coming back just because he can't deal with the staff anymore. Do not go to this practice whatever you do.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

I do NOT recommend this doctor- I would have died if I stayed in his care. He was dismissive, rude, standoffish and cocky. I was not feeling well and he was unable to diagnose me. Instead of investigating further, he suggested I go on bedrest, which he said would get rid of the problem. Instead, I collasped, was rushed to the ER where I was told I would die within days without a liver transplant. I recently learned that he has another patient who had the same genetic condition I had, and yet, this didn't raise a red flag with him. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. Charles Silvera's Credentials

• Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37208 (Grad. 1982)