Ratings for Dr. Maria Avila

Dr. Avila Gengenbacher was very helpful in helping me address stuff that was happening in my life. I am glad that I was referred to her. I never had a problem with my appointments and she was willing to reschedule my appointment when I needed to do that.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I was having a challenging time trying to find a licensed Latina psychologist in my area. Fortunately, I was referred to Dr. Avila Gengenbacher who proved to be a thoughtful, sensitive and ethical therapist who understood that my cultural identity was important in exploring my issues in therapy. I really derived a lot of insight and clarification of issues with her. I would not hesitate to refer others, Latino or Non-Latino, to her.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr.Gengenbacher is really patient and caring. I am so glad that I was referred to her. I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and she helpless me find ways to cope. She was also really flexible in being able to see me at various times according to my work schedule. I know that I would definitely go back and see her again for therapy.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Oh wow! The reviews below are so NOT Dr. Gengenbacher. As a client of who has received services with her, she was very punctual, responsible and ethically appropriate. I mean, if these reviews were true, she would not be licensed by the state. Licensing is really important as there are some REALLY SHADY and UNETHICAL UNLICENSED psychologists out there. I really appreciated her sensitivity and attentiveness to my treatment. I would ABSOLUTELY go back to Dr. Gengenbacher!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I really enjoyed my therapeutic experience with Dr. Avila Gengenbacher! She was patient and helpful in helping me develop coping techniques in dealing with some prior traumatic experiences. She is LICENSED and very ethical and appreciated the treatment offered.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Maria Avila is the worst therapist we ever had. My grandma who only speaks Spanish was disrespected by Avila. She constantly interrupted and put down another therapist who was working with my sister. We all stopped attending the clinic because of her. We cannot believe she would be "the boss" as she would tell us. She did not help our family and one of us had severe PTSD :(

Submitted July 7, 2017

Felt rushed and hurried. Did not appear to care and made us feel like my child was not doing things right. Not supportive at all. A different therapist at the clinic was much more helpful

Submitted November 21, 2014

Really awful. After being transferred to Maria from a therapist that was real good she was lost and didn't know what she was doing. Maria always ended the sessions after like 20 minutes and also she always said she needed to split and can't take me or my kid after 3:30 in the afternoons. Everyone helps but her at the mental agency and she just kept wanting to just cut us off after my kid just got worse. A lot of peoples quit at this place like other therapist and other people. Maria was friendly enough but she should think about doing another job or something else like that.

Submitted December 29, 2013