Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Perlman

My visit with Dr Jeffrey Perlman was a very good experience--he was kind and caring and helped me with my condition.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Dr Perlman was very nice and helped me with my condition. The staff was also very helpful and attentive to my needs

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr Jeffrey Perlman is not a pleasant person. He might be knowledgeable but he made me uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Perlman genuinely cared about helping me with my problem

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Poor patient communication, left in room by staff, did not go over anything before touching me, no nurse supervision, general disrespect for patients

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

My GF(I can provide name is needed) had been seeing Dr. Perlman about 1 year + after gastric bypass surgery. He has never been encouraging or kind to her. He's nearly always late for appointments. 30 days ago she had an appointment,after waiting 45 minutes after appointment time on the last visit with no notification as to why the Doctor was late, returned to work. One week later, without a call or advance notice, she received a letter from Dr. Perlman's office saying he had dropped her as a patient for "failure to respond" with no other explanation. Since she is not the type to complain or standup when being wronged like this, I,(happy to provide my name if asked) am doing so for her. I called the office to complain and the guy who answered the phone (Brad I think) offered no explanation and no recourse. This is not only poor customer service but unconscionable behavior on behalf of a doctor and his staff. We do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Very cold and uncaring bedside manner. Never once asked how I was actually feeling. And when I mentioned some symptoms I was having he was almost indignant that I was questioning him. Totally not interested in my health other than what my lab numbers were. Not going back.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

The staff is very nice. The doctor has the worst bedside manner i have ever experienced. When you meet for the first time he walks into the room with almost a frown, does not introduce himself.....he did stick out his hand without saying a word. He does start asking you a lot of questions and he did seem knowledgeable. However, he does it all with no sense of caring or concern. He probably will do a good job but i don't know if i can stand his cold attitude. I felt as though he was more interested in finding fault with my story more than anything else. I have never had a doctor like this.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Visiting Dr. Perlman was a good experience. I thank the doctor and the staff for taking care of my issues. I highly recommend Dr. Perlman.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Waited almost 2 hours before seeing the doctor - he told me they were running a bit behind because an earlier patient had been late. My appointment was for 10:30am! The staff did not seem knowledgeable (couldn't pronounce medical terms correctly). The worst part was when he checked my thyroid gland by reaching around my neck from behind me and tightly squeezing my throat while telling me to swallow. Felt like I was being choked and attacked, instead of examined by a physician! Might not have been quite so bad if he had told me first what he was doing, but there was no warning or explanation. He also implied that my referring doctor didn't know how to read my lab results and didn't really need to send me to him. I will not be going back!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Perlman's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1982)

• Blue Shield California