Ratings for Dr. Barrett Chapin

Rude, dismissive. condescending . Didn't want to answer any of my questions. I felt very worried about being under his care . I am not easily rattled but was in tears when I left. It seems it is all about the business and not about human compassion .... not a caring word .......Your job is to not only take care of the patients medical needs but to give them some degree of comfort. He is definitely in the wrong profession.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Staff in office was very kind. DR.Chapin was not, he was rude dismissed all concerns I did all I could to not cry right in the office. He is a horrible doctor. I will be seeking a 2nd opinion I did not feel safe under is care.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Very disappointed in Dr Chapin as he would not listen or give the indication of caring. It's all about the business and he even refused to write a scrip for Ibuprofren as it is not a diabetes medication and he would be overstepping his bounds. Condensending and dismissive are the theme with this Dr. It's a shame he is the only Diabetes specialist in the lakes region and refuses to act as a Internest as it would be beneath him. Time to drive to Concord but at lest it will be worth it for quality care. You Dr Chapin are fired!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

I have been dealing with multiple illnesses for 6 years now. I was sent to Dr. Chapin to hopefully make some sense of all my symptoms. After review of all my symptoms, he informed me that I am normal and that my issue is that I am more AWARE of my symptoms. That other people are experiencing what I experience, but they don't notice them. If other's don't notice that they've had a fever for 2 years, chronic diarrhea, bloating and nausea every day, a fluttery resting heartrate of over 100, gaining weight and barely eating, tingling hands and feet, a rash on the top half of body, among other things....then I'm guessing there's something severely wrong with them. I was very disappointed with this physician.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Dr Chapin is in my opinion an excellent Dr. He takes the time to explain everything, he is very caring and compassionate Dr. I would recommend him to anyone needing a diabetic doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

He has it all together---Goes by your chart and does a complete exam each time. When you leave his office all treatments are fully discussed

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

I was happy to have seen him. I wish more doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Barrett Chapin's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1989)

• Blue Cross Of California