Ratings for Dr. Donald R. Elton

would not look me in the eye. Typed away on his laptop. Do not like him at all. I told him I had found out what my problem was. He did not schedule a return visit.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Great doc and staff. Was able to get in a clinical trial and had access to treatments not available elsewhere without travel to a major medical center.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Staff was very helpful and Dr. Elton was very good and reviewing my history and finding the right diagnosis that was missed by others in the past. Would recommend to anyone having trouble getting a proper diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

No bedside manner and can be rude. I would not waste time and money with dr elton.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

This practice does not appear to be interested in helping patients, but in performing clinical trials for the pharmaceutical companies. I assume the money is better and it is less work than having to acutally be concerned about the best treatment plan for the individual patient.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

I went to see him for a chronic cough that I had for over two months. Dr. Elton had a poor bed-side manner. Hardly looked you in the eye, but was typing away on a laptop. He did not examine me, but merely said "Chronic cough is usually caused by one of three things, or a combination - Asthma, Acid Reflux, or post nasal drip. Ordered a breathing test scheduled a month away and a sinus CAT scan for the following week. They never called us back with CAT scan results. I called back 3 weeks later and was told my sinuses are clear but I had fluid in the ear and that I'd have to see an ENT doctor for that. He had me taking Nexium but it wasn't working until I saw the ENT doc and was told that you have to take 2 doses for reflux that produces a cough. After taking 2 pills daily my cough improved considerably after a few weeks. When we went back for a follow-up we saw a nurse practitioner, not Dr. Elton, who just told us to keep taking 2 doses of Nexium.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Dr. Donald R. Elton's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Henry Ford / HAP