Dr. Amir A. Towfigh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Amir A. Towfigh

I went to see Dr. Towfigh last month in regards to some persistent migraines. His staff called me two days before my appointment to confirm (I appreciated the reminder as well!) Immediately when I walked in, I was warmly greeted by a lovely lady at the front desk and informed of my wait time (literally less than 2 minutes). I was kindly escorted into the exam room where Dr. Towfigh took the time to listen to my issue, talk about why my Primary Care Physican referred me and trouble shoot any other issues I was having. His bed side manner is nothing short of excellent. He had a few recommendation for me in my day to day routine / sleep etc and also prescribed me some medication should I feel it is necessary. Additionally, he called me post my office visit as a follow up. Its clear that he and his team have a high level of professionalism and really respect their patients. All in all, a great experience.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Towfigh is kind and sincere. His bedside manner is warm & friendly and he genuinely cares about his patients well-being. He always takes time to explain what is going on and what to do next and answers all my questions. His staff is also very friendly & accommodating. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

After visiting multiple doctors I was finally referred to Dr. Towfigh by a friend who also sees him and I cannot thank him enough for helping me. He spent a great deal of time with me and reviewed my existing studies and work up, he discussed my treatment options and answered all my questions. I never felt rushed or hurried. Thanks to Dr. Towfigh I avoided getting neurosurgery and he has called me several times since my visit to ask how I was doing. I feel like he truly cares about me and he seems very dedicated to his patients. I would recommend Dr. Towfigh to anyone that needs a good neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Kind, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. His office and staff is also very warm & friendly.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

This doctor charges separately for "office visit" and something called "non-covered services" (not covered by insurance, which apparently means that walking into the office and sitting on a chair is $250 out-of pocket per visit (even on consecutive days), and actually conversing with the doctor, getting test results, etc, are many hundreds extra. Of course procedures are billed separately; that is normal. But this is the first time I heard of charging a patient separately for talking to him or her during an office visit. This is, I think, if not illegal, at least a little fishy.If yo see this doctor, be sure to check what you may be getting into. He also has you sign an agreement that any additional non-covered expenses will immediately be siphoned out of your credit card account. Be sure you know what you are signing in that confusing blizzard of papers you get as a new patient, even if you drive worrying that you have a brain tumor.

Submitted July 22, 2014

I found Dr. Towfigh to be extremely patient and caring during my visit. His bedside manner quickly put me at ease and he was very thorough when he examined me and took the time to explain his thoughts and the next steps to take to help me get better. This type of care is seldom found in busy doctors offices but it is so important to patients like myself. It has been one month and I am already feeling better thanks to Dr. Towfigh. I have already recommended him to several friends who have also been pleased with the care he has provided.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Well what can I say about Dr. Towfigh. Well, besides his awesome bedside manner he is brilliant! He was very knowledgeable and diagnosed me very quickly. His staff is very kind and caring. I really felt like his passion is helping people, something you don't see alot from doctors. He even called me over the weekend to see how I was doing! I highly recommend his service to anyone seeking help - two thumbs up!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Completely appalled by this physician. HSS ortho scheduled me there less than a week before my surgery with 4 hours notice to me, and had no other choice. I called to see if he takes my insurance, and found he does not. I then said I am canceling the appointment as my out of network benefits are prohibitive. Anthony (from billing) told me I should still come and won’t have to pay more than what my in network benefits require (I have a 10% coins), to which I agreed. The next day after the appointment, I get a $450 bill for the office visit. I said:"what happened to our agreement?”, to which he replied “it only applies to the test.” Are you kidding me?!? What a scam!!! I am not paying $700/month for insurance to pay that kind of money for office visits. I was crying but paid $350, and then forwarded the payment of whatever check insurance sent me. This was not enough for this greedy physician; I am being harassed by his clerk via phone calls and mailings for additional money. Avoid!

Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Amir A. Towfigh's Credentials

• Hebrew

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2004)

MSP/BC Med