Ratings for Dr. PETER E. Legnani

DR. Legnani is fine. His staff his terrible. They have no sense of urgency nor do they have the decency top get back to you. The are always to busy to speak to you and their always to busy to get back to you. All the while your still sick and cant get a prescription filled that may help you. Why? His staff is too busy. One wonders what their doing other than helping patients

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Love Dr Legnani. Was diagnosed with ibd while abroad and had a horrible experience with a Harvard trained gastro at another NYC practice. I searched around and saw 2 other gastros before finding Dr. Legnani. He is in a class of his own - super caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. Has amazing bedside manner and truly cares about his patients. He has loads of patients and still knows exactly who I am and little details about my previous visits (from the conversations we had about random things to other pieces of information that came up). Whenever I needed to call him when the office was closed, he always called back within 15 minutes and reassured me. When other doctors dismissed my symptoms, he told me that my suffering was unacceptable and that we would try alternative treatments. No other doctor listens to his patients and their symptoms as much as he does. I absolutely love him!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Legnani for 9 years. I have UC, and at the time I started seeing him I had been having several years of difficult flare-ups. Dr. Legnani really knows UC, and understands how to minimize medication side effects. He tried several different medication combinations that my previous doctors had not tried, and about a year later I finally got into a lasting remission. He is also patient, a good listener, makes me feel comfortable, and involves me in my care. He remembers what is happening in my life and tries to tailor my treatment to accommodate my personal needs (like my busy work schedule and travel schedule), which has made it easier to follow my tratment plan. The office staff is a little inefficient and, yes, they sometimes put you on hold forever. However, I have always gotten the prescription refills, medical records, etc. that I needed. On the one occasion I have been in the hospital, I was struck that it was actually really easy to get in touch with Dr. Legnani, and he checked in frequently. So I was prioritized when I needed it.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Legani for over 10 years, during which time he has proven to be a compassionate, smart and pro-active physician and a careful listener. Though it has taken awhile for my condition to improve, Dr. Legnani has tweaked my medications and diet so that I am no longer the suffering patient that I was when I first met him. I cannot understand the complaints about the office staff are all about, I have always been treated with kindness and respect and efficiency. The only appointment waits I have encountered have been when there has been an emergency, and I certainly don't mind when this happens. I highly recommend Dr. Legnani. He has changed my life.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

seemed like a good doctor but cant be if he continues to employ the rude and unhelpful staff that he has...

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Legnani is great. Explains things, very thorough, empathic. But I have never been more rudely treated by a doctor's staff -- ever! It will make me think twice about going back. He really does himself a disservice to have the woman who books appointments on his staff

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I will be honest, the only reason I am even filling this out is because of the comment submitted on May 15th. I couldn't agree LESS with this. I have been going to Dr. Legnani for over 2 years, after finding that my Dr. at the time just wasn't helping me. Dr. Legnani was my life saver. He found things my other Dr. never saw, changed my medication, helped me get through flare ups, and when surgery became necessary, he came to see me DAILY for 2 weeks while I was in the hospital recovering. The longest I have ever waited in his waiting room was 10 minutes, his staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful to any questions I have when I call in, and they are prompt in getting me lab results and prescription refills. I have also never got the feeling that Dr. Legnani was "overwhelmed" He never rushes me, always answers my questions, and when I call in with questions, I get my answers in a timely fashion. I would rate him 6 stars if I could.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

You're (literally) taking your life into your hands dealing with this practice group. I'm a full-time professional and interact with doctors periodically for various personal and family issues. I dealt with Dr. Legnani for over 2 years before simply deciding to move on - in 17 years of living in New York, I've never had a worst medical experience. Dr. Legnani, himself, is a very nice individual but seems a bit overwhelmed. His office staff could not be more unprofessional or less caring. Wait times in the office are regularly over an hour. Getting lab results (even, once, in connection with a cancer scare) have involved my family proactively trying to call the office and pleading for help. In the end. I felt as if I hadn't gained any meaningful insight about my medical condition. This is New York City medical care at its worst.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Misdiagnosed my infected gallbladder as heartburn. Ignored my calls after ending up in the ER. Suffered needlessly for weeks. Finally found a new doctor and was perfectly diagnosed within 5 minutes of meeting me. Legnani also had no concern for my Crohn's flare up.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

I really like Dr. Legnani, but I'm looking for a new dr. He is very knowledgeable, good at diagnosis and prescription. But he does not communicate clearly or fully enough. After many appointments I discovered that I didn't know how long to take a prescription, what changes to expect, or under what conditions I should come back to see him. He seems to expect that I'll do my own research. It's true that every phone call to his office starts with 10 minutes on hold, but once you are in the office the staff are very nice.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr. PETER E. Legnani's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)