Ratings for Dr. PETER E. Legnani

I have been a patient of Dr Legnani for five years. I was diagnosed with Crohn's by another GI who suggested I see Dr. Legnani because he specializes in IBD. I have had terrific experiences with him and would highly recommend him. What I personally look for in a doctor is someone who will give a clear plan of action while allowing me to understand what choices are involved, which he does. I think he's a smart guy and I trust him. If you are suffering from IBD I would suggest scheduling an appointment. The staff is pretty bad as others have noted, but it's something I put up with because at the end of the day when you find a doctor you trust, you do what you gotta do.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

great doctor just spent a week in the hospital under his care. just don't get me started about the office staff

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Great office visit then we never heard from him again despite multiple calls. We have to start all over 1.5 months later

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

This poor review is for the terrible office staff. This doctor office is terrible. They are rude, unhelpful, and incompetent. I have dealt with them for about 5 years and they have not gotten better. If you want to know that your Dr will be there for you when you need him, do not work with this office - they will not help you.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

DR. Legnani is fine. His staff his terrible. They have no sense of urgency nor do they have the decency top get back to you. The are always to busy to speak to you and their always to busy to get back to you. All the while your still sick and cant get a prescription filled that may help you. Why? His staff is too busy. One wonders what their doing other than helping patients

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Love Dr Legnani. Was diagnosed with ibd while abroad and had a horrible experience with a Harvard trained gastro at another NYC practice. I searched around and saw 2 other gastros before finding Dr. Legnani. He is in a class of his own - super caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. Has amazing bedside manner and truly cares about his patients. He has loads of patients and still knows exactly who I am and little details about my previous visits (from the conversations we had about random things to other pieces of information that came up). Whenever I needed to call him when the office was closed, he always called back within 15 minutes and reassured me. When other doctors dismissed my symptoms, he told me that my suffering was unacceptable and that we would try alternative treatments. No other doctor listens to his patients and their symptoms as much as he does. I absolutely love him!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Legnani for 9 years. I have UC, and at the time I started seeing him I had been having several years of difficult flare-ups. Dr. Legnani really knows UC, and understands how to minimize medication side effects. He tried several different medication combinations that my previous doctors had not tried, and about a year later I finally got into a lasting remission. He is also patient, a good listener, makes me feel comfortable, and involves me in my care. He remembers what is happening in my life and tries to tailor my treatment to accommodate my personal needs (like my busy work schedule and travel schedule), which has made it easier to follow my tratment plan. The office staff is a little inefficient and, yes, they sometimes put you on hold forever. However, I have always gotten the prescription refills, medical records, etc. that I needed. On the one occasion I have been in the hospital, I was struck that it was actually really easy to get in touch with Dr. Legnani, and he checked in frequently. So I was prioritized when I needed it.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Legani for over 10 years, during which time he has proven to be a compassionate, smart and pro-active physician and a careful listener. Though it has taken awhile for my condition to improve, Dr. Legnani has tweaked my medications and diet so that I am no longer the suffering patient that I was when I first met him. I cannot understand the complaints about the office staff are all about, I have always been treated with kindness and respect and efficiency. The only appointment waits I have encountered have been when there has been an emergency, and I certainly don't mind when this happens. I highly recommend Dr. Legnani. He has changed my life.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

seemed like a good doctor but cant be if he continues to employ the rude and unhelpful staff that he has...

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Legnani is great. Explains things, very thorough, empathic. But I have never been more rudely treated by a doctor's staff -- ever! It will make me think twice about going back. He really does himself a disservice to have the woman who books appointments on his staff

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. PETER E. Legnani's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)