You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tirso Del Junco

Dr. Del Junco offers a wonderful contribution to all women suffering from fibroid tumors, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and adenomyosis. The fact that he so strongly believes in the preservation of female organs, made me realize that there was something special about him. He's highly skilled at what he does, which put me at ease in knowing that I could fully trust him to remove my fibroids. He gave me as much time as I needed (during the initial consultation pre surgery & my follow up visit post surgery) to ask questions. I really appreciated this as I had a lot! :) He was also very good pre surgery about explaining my condition in terms that I could understand and was very honest about my options for having children or not. I live in San Francisco and many friends / family wondered why I chose to have my surgery in LA as opposed to SF. My simple response would always be that I felt that I had found the best in the field. Thank you Dr. del Junco from the bottom of my heart!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Tirso del Junco gave me my life back! He removed 279 fibroids and left my reproductive organs intact. His unique technique is unmatched. His knowledge and professionalism are unparalleled. I cannot give Dr. del Junco and his team enough praise for all that they've done for me and my life. Thank you! CR-Los Angeles

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

HealthNet HMO. The lady who answers the phone doesn't give a good impression of the doctor. In person she's nice but I've talked to her several times and she cuts me off and comes off as rude. I went to see Tirso Del Junco, Jr for a lump I have in my breast. He felt it and scheduled an appointment. Later after doing research I found that this is not protocol procedure there are several diagnostic test that can be done in a lump. Women can potentially have many and not all need to be taken out. I've called the office to know more about how he came to his conclusion. I don't want to challenge him, I just want piece of mind. I also didn't want to pay out of pocket to see another doctor but since the office lady is not letting me through to him. I have scheduled to see another doctor for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Doctor's nurse was rude & ignorant when asked detailed questions about how this 'female alternative sugery' would affect sexual health. Doctor had no data on effects on sexual health (although 1000 surgeries performed). Sad! I suffer now in that respect. Greatly!!! He did a follow-up sugery without telling me there would be a scar below the belly button. (He said the 2nd surgery would be THROUGH the bellow button) But: He makes a vertical cut of 1 inch or longer BELOW the naval, visible forever. I called 3 of my original references back, and he had not told 2 out of 3 of them either, so it seems common practice to 'not tell about the scar' beforehand. When I asked for transcripts, they were sent, according to the office staff, but never arrived at my place. So I wonder - where did my personal medical info end up? When the office staff resend the transcripts, they envelope was not glued shut. This office is run like a factory - get in line and be happy with doc's routines, or else...

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

I read Dr. del Junco's website thoroughly, and all of these comments here, and searched extensively through Google to see if there were any negative comments anywhere about him. I couldn't find any. I made the decision to travel out-of-state to receive Dr. del Junco's one-of-a-kind surgery. I no longer "need" my reproductive organs... that is, if pregnancy and childbirth are the only reasons to have them. But I learned from the doctor's website that there are MANY more reasons to keep your uterus and ovaries in order to maintain optimal health. In my heart, I wanted to keep them if possible, so it was a miracle to find the ONE doctor in the United States who helps women do that. I had terrible back and pelvic pain prior to my surgery, and now, with a large cyst and many fibroids removed, but with uterus and ovaries intact, I am free of pain. Dr. del Junco LISTENS TO and truly values women. He is a healer on many levels, and I enthusiastically recommend his female alternative surgery.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

In addition to being highly skilled and competent, Dr. Del Junco listened to my complaints and explained in plain English why I was experiencing certain symptoms, what his recommended procedure would be, and actually wanted to help me restore my normal health, rather than scare or intimidate me into an unnecessary hysterectomy. His nurse Patti is also incredibly knowledgeable and very willing to help in whatever way she can to make everything go smoothly. The procedure and recovery have gone exactly as they stated and in less than 6 weeks I am getting back to my old self. As far as punctuality, he was late in keeping with my first appointment, not because he was not in the office, but because he was unwilling to scoot the patient before me out the door. When my turn came to speak with him he gave me the same consideration and did not make any attempt to end the appointment until both my husband and I had all our questions answered. He was the answer to a prayer!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2006

I JUST WANT SAY TO DR. DEL JUNCO WAS VERY NICE.HE EXPLAINED AND ANSWERED ALL OF MY QUESTIONS THOROUGHLY. I WAS A LITTLE WORRIED, WHEN HE SHOWED UP A LITTLE LATE FOR MY POST-OP VISIT HOWEVER HE MADE IN TIME AND I DID GET TO CATCH MY EARLY FLIGHT HOME WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2006

After years of interviewing uncaring, sometimes hostile doctors and searching for something that would save me from a hysterctomy I found Dr. Del Junco and his wonderful Institute for Femal Alternative Medicine (FAS). From the moment I spoke with his co-ordinating R.N. Patricia, I knew I had finally found what I had been looking for. All questions were answered tirelessly. The Doctor went into great depth discussing the mechanics of the uterus and explaining what each of my symptoms told him of my illness and how this would orchestrate the surgery. I felt as though I was being included, for the first time, in the recovery of my own health. There were no unpleasant surprises along the way. I knew exactly what would happen at each step and the end result was amazing. Dr. Del Junco is truely a visionary in his field and my rapid recovery attests to his surgical skills as well.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2006

Thanks to God there is Dr. Del Junco. My wife has her life back. Thank you Patricia. Thank you everyone at Temple Hospital. Clear and excellent commuication with Dr. and staff before, during and after surgery alleviated almost all of my anxiety. Dr. Del Junco is an inventor, communicator, surgeon, team leader and man of the highest order. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2006

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. del Junco, Jr. and his staff. For the first time, after months of searching, I finally found a doctor and team that provided the solution to my condition/symptons. The procedure and care were exactly as described. Dr. del Junco is very knowledgable, thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner; Patti and Heidi are pleasant, informative and excellent at follow up and follow through. I feel so much better than before and have no regrets in selecting Dr. Tirso del Junco, Jr. My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2006

Dr. Tirso Del Junco's Credentials

GHI

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Waited 2 hours beyond my appointment to see the Doctor & was never satisfactorily examined. Office is over its head!"

April 18, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "These reviews are delusional! Ask any Board certified Surgeon or Gynecologist -- no uterus has 88 or279 fibroids that are present or can be removed. He is not ..."

February 16, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "A casi un mes de mi operacion abierta de vesicula pedi que me checara porque me salia liquido amarillo de una herida que no había cicatrizado y sólo me miró des..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had my surgery on 9/22/14! It was the best decision I have ever made! I wish I knew about Dr. del Junco, jr when I was 1st diagnosed with fibroids. I had an exc..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Del Junco takes very good care of you and he has an excellent bedside manner. I watch my surgery he did an outstanding job. I would highly recommend him. jr"

December 5, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=31650'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

March 20, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=31650'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014
  • Last Name changed from "Del Junco, Jr." to "Del Junco"

June 22, 2012