Ratings for Dr. Sidney P. Smith

Waited two hours today in the office. It's not the first time. I arrived on time!! Respect my time!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

3 reviews 1.0 star rating 8/23/2016 I had an an appointment scheduled by my primary care physician. I received at least three robo calls from the Georgia Skin and Cancer Center reminding me to be on time for my appointment. I arrived 15 minutes early as per their request. I started timing to see how long I would have to wait. After 1 hr I was finally called back by a PA. She told me that they were backed up and she wanted to take me without waiting for her assistant because I had been waiting so long.The PA told me that they were having trouble with staff not doing their jobs. I had several moles removed. One of the spots removed is still not healed after over a month. I had to go to my primary physician for help. My primary care physician referred me to another practice.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I'm sure Dr. Smith is a fine dr. His staff in the Ridgeland Office is caring and professional. I cannot say enough good about them. All the good I have to say about his practice ends there. The amount of time spent in Savannah to have your skin cancer treated is ridiculous. I also question the mohs surgery as it usually is not done in one big swipe and cut but in a number of small removals. This was not done to me. It seems to me because the cut was so large there was no need to go back and do more cutting but it did require many stitches . I had to wait for the plastic surgeon to put in the stitches and so your day is spent in its entirety at his office. Many of the patients have fallen asleep because the waits are so long. No wonder he has so many comfortable chairs in his office . My husband had to have something removed which was skin cancer and was told to come back in three hours. After waiting longer than that the staff told him that they did not have anyone to sew up his wound and they were looking forsomeone to close the wound but had no one at that time. it seems they do not have all their ducks in a row. As it happened the surgeon did come in but my husband was there all day from early morn. I couldn't believe incompetence of this office. Another neighbor had an appointment early in the day, had the skin cancer removed and was told to come back at 5 o'clock even though he lived in South Carolina rather than Georgia as they had no one to sew him up. . It seems the practice is becoming too busy and therefore negligent. I personally will not be abused by anyone in this manner and therefore I will be looking for another doctor. It is with deep regret that I have to write this negative review.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

This office does not call back with biopsy results. Read every review that you can on this site and others. Pay close attention to the long wait, the inefficiency of the office management and the Mohs procedure. My husband and I had Mohs surgery by two different doctor in other states. In both instances although it took a while to get the biopsy results, once the borders were determined to be clean, the wound was closed immediately by the same physician. I went home from Dr. Smith with an open wound and a hastily made plastic surgeon's appointment. Fortunately, because the plastics guy kept changing the time, I cancelled that appointment, made some quick calls to friends and got an appointment with an excellent plastic surgeon, his staff was incredible! Dr. Smith's bedside manner seems fine, his staff is courteous, but he is way overbooked and the wait time shows a total disregard for patients and their time.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Great with my kids! I have always received courteous care and good follow up. I would not consider going to another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I expect a wait at my doctors office. I do not mind waiting on Dr.Smith because I feel that he is the best . Mohs surgery takes all day , but at least I know that my cancer is gone and I have always been offered a separate waiting area that allows for comfort. I am thankful to be cancer free. All the big cancers get sent to this office and I have seen first hand the amazing work. Yes , I wait, Yes it is worth it.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Smith's practice has become so large that it's 1. impossible to see him anymore unless surgery is required and 2. the waiting room wait is so long, it's not worth the visit. I like him personally and professionally, but at least half a work day is required for the wait in the waiting room and then exam room. Plan to wait 1.5-2 hours in waiting room and 45 minutes in exam room.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I like doctor Smith very much but have now waited several hours ,several times I have heard many customers complaining about there very long wait times. Way overbooked.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

An entire day to get two basal cell skin cancers done (8:30-4:00+) which is so unacceptable...many of us work and I heard many patients complaining of what it took to get this amount of time off. He is way overbooked...it makes me think he can't think much about his patients...

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

would not recommend to anyone. ruined my husbands face requiring plastic surgery to repair

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

Dr. Sidney P. Smith's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Florida