Ratings for Dr. Lucy E. Hairston

This review is in regards to the way her "professional staff" has handled my situation. I am on birth control by pill. My pill was recalled due to the mfg. defects. I am now late 2 weeks. Pregnancy tests are negative but I am still worried about my body. What do the sweet people working there tell me? Come in, we'll explain and diagnose? No. They give me no explanation except that I need to take a med for getting my period. I am now forced to go to Planned Parenthood for some help. Dr. Hairston is great when she is available. Office not so great when she isn't and the staff is even ruder than you can imagine.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr Hairston has been my doctor for 16 years. She is a straight shooter, no sugar coating with her. She's incredibly knowledgeable and always up to date with cutting edge procedures. She is not a promoter of unnecessary surgeries or medications. She listens to her patients and has great compassion and respect for them. She delivered both my boys, I have always traveled 30 to 60 minutes to see her and will continue to until she retires. I could not ask for a better doctor, she takes excellent care of her patients.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Hairston for 13 years. She is a no nonsense doctor. She performed my hysterectomy 9 years ago after years of living my life based around what time of the month it was and I've never been happier. If you want a brilliant and skilled physician you would be hard pressed to find anyone better. I live 30 miles from her office but I wouldn't dream of going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Hairston is a no-muss/no-fuss doctor. She is very smart, cares a great deal about her patients, and has been my doctor for nearly 20 years. I wanted a hysterectomy because of menstrual pain but she wanted to explore other options before doing surgery. I admired her skill, her dedication to her patients, and her field of medicine. So many OB's aren't practicing anymore because of the high cost of malpractice insurance. She continues to deliver babies ! Good for Dr. Hairston. She has been an excellent gynecologist and I recommend her (and have) to any woman. Please don't retire, Dr. Hairston !!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Hairston delivered my son and although she can be sharp with her attitude, she gets the hospital to respond to your needs immediately. Which is what was important. She got me the epidural when I needed it and she's teamed with the top drs.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

Was very quick to bring up hysterectomy before even doing exam for bleeding. I got the feeling she just wanted to take the "easy way" out for her and make the $$ on performing a major surgery. Very brusk and unfriendly like she really didn't want to be there.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

Dr. Lucy E. Hairston's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1986)