Ratings for Dr. Andrew J. Behnke

I had to come in and write a review when someone told me Dr. Behnke's rating was low. Why??? He has helped me get my health under control and he is a wonderful person. I had diabetes, high blood pressure, and have hypothyroidism when I started going to him. My family doctor wouldn't raise my medicine even though I knew my numbers were high on tests. Dr. Behnke talked with me about my problems and gave me some suggestions and changed my medicine. I even called his office from Massachusetts when on vacation and they called me back several times to make sure I was ok! I took his suggestions to heart and started exercising and counting calories. One year and 6 months later I am down 56 pounds, no longer have diabetes or high blood pressure! Feeling better than I have in my life! I thanked him for helping me so much and he said he was only the coach, I was the quarterback. So he's humble, too, and doesn't want to take credit for helping me - but believe me he did!!! Dr. Behnke and his staff are very kind to me and answer all my questions. I have asked for my test results and they are printed and handed to me at each visit. Dr. Behnke doesn't just give you a pill or medicine for something if you don't need it. I am no longer taking medicine for high blood pressure or diabetes. I would recommend Dr. Behnke to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Frankly, Dr. Behnke wasn't a nice man and I question his skills with any issue other than diabetes. He was unfriendly, accusatory, and his staff did a horrible job at subsequent appointments. They had me show up to the wrong location for a procedure and the other specialist said, "I'm not sure why you were sent to me since he is the Endocrinologist". I'm very sorry that I've wasted my time and money with him. You may have to travel outside of Carlisle, but it will be in your best interest----and don't go to his other location either.

Submitted February 1, 2012

I was unsatisfied with my experiece at this practice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Rude,No customer service skills,No bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Andrew J. Behnke's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Carlisle, PA