Ratings for Dr. Anthony M. Pastena

I have been seeing Dr Pastena for 15 plus years and he is an excellent physician having been named a top doctor for most of those years. As a result, he has become very popular and well known in the community and getting an appointment for routine visits may take some advance scheduling. However, Dr. Pastena is always available for more emergent visits and is a very knowledgeable and thorough physician. He also has a Physician Assistant working with and collaborating with him for routine sick visits, physicals, and chronic medical condition follow up.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

This was my first visit to Dr. Pastena's office. Reception and nurses are miserable and seem as though they can't be bothered. I was seen by the Physican assistant and she was super nice and knowledgeable. If I decide to return I will definitely see the PA!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

My parents use Dr. Pastena as primary care physician. He is a good guy however office staff who answer telephones are snippy and short and their excuse is "we're so busy and there is just two of us." Doreen is consitently a snip.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Not a great doctor. I had one of the first appointments of the day, and I was not called in until about half an hour after my appointment time. The doctor was very rushed. I was seeing him for a specific problem but also needed a vaccine to travel, and he rushed me out before he gave me the vaccine! (I ended up going to another doctor for it.) He wrote me a prescription for blood tests that was completely unreadable. I showed it to some friends to try to figure it out, and one asked me if it was written in Nordic runes. When I called to ask what it was, the people I spoke to seemed mad about it (I guess they get this a lot?), and it took them several days (after a few more phone calls) to answer the simple question. The staff is also pretty rude in general. If you have to go here, though, see Doreen, the physician's assistant. She is totally awesome, very knowledgeable, and takes her time with you. She is really wonderful and I will continue to see her, but not Dr Pastena.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

I have seen this doctor about 4 times in the past year. In that time, I have had the staff give unnecessary tests, which were not covered by insurance. And when I called to make an appointment on a Friday because of severe exhaustion and dizziness, I was advised to see a psychiatrist. When I protested that I was physically ill, I was told that there were no appointments available. I pointed out that was not what was first said and was told to go to the emergency room.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

IVE ALWAYS HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH DR. PASTENA. HE IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL, COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR. TRULY THE BEST

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Dr. Pastena is a very knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate physician. He always takes the time to listen and explain everything. I can't ask for a better physician to entrust my healthcare to.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

I had a similar experience to the previous post. As it turns out, all Dr Pastena needed to tell me was to go to Whole Foods, 4 miles away, and buy a refrigerated 6-pack of BIO-K Probiotics and drink one a day for 6 days ... so simple. I found out, while shopping there, from a store clerk who works in the Vitamin aisle. I explained my symptoms and asked what Vitamins would he recommend and he said, "none". Instead he gave me free information that worked ... he handed me the 6-pack of BIO-K and said, "Drink one a day on an empty stomach, allow the liquid to coat your throat and keep this stuff refrigerated." So, when I went back to see Dr P and mentioned this and that I didn't need the Antibiotics he prescribed and that they didn't help anyway, he said "Yes, I guess you could take Probiotics". WHY DIDN'T HE JUST TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE? Instead I found out from a grocery store clerk, free of charge.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

If you would like to go to a very knowledgeable doctor then by all means do not go here. Recently my wife was very sick, she had a very bad sore throat, so she decided to go see the doctor. He gave her 300 mg antibiotics for 10 days. She took the antibiotics as followed but did not get better. So she decided to go back. To our surprise the doctor said that she had allergies! There was no indication whatsoever of her having any allergies (no sneezing, no stuffiness, no hints of allergies). He told her to take an over the counter allergy medicine like Claritin. That night I saw her throat and saw white patches in the back of her throat, indicating an infection. Obviously, the doctor never even did a culture, he just assumed that it was allergies. Now I am finding a new doctor. The staff is also very miserable, never smiling, not very appreciative. They seem very down all the time and are very unfriendly. I would never go back here. Stay away if you want to get better!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

I like Dr.Pastena. Very nice , listens , dont rush you.. knowledgeble, easy to talk to.. overall a good doctor.I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Dr. Anthony M. Pastena's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• BCBS Illinois