Ratings for Dr. Amy Sparks

She is an excellent doctor. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and to the point. Very helpful with medical questions at any time! The office staff are kind and helpful as well. A healing place. Good energy.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

After reading the reviews, cancelling my appointment. This sounds unreal.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

THIS DR. YOU WILL SEE ONCE AFTER WAITING FOUR TO SIX MONTHS FOR AN APPT. GOOD LUCK EVER GETTING AN "ACUTE" APPT FOR A NEW ILLNESS, IT WON'T HAPPEN. YOU ARE PRODDED AT EVERY APPT. TO DO TESTS UNRELATED TO YOUR PROBLEM (FOOD ALLERGIES, RISK OF CARDIAC EVENTS, ETC) AND BUY SUPPLEMENTS (VITAMINS AND ANTIOXIDANTS), AND TO SEE THE "REIKI" LADY AND THE "BIOFEEDBACK" LADY AND THE CHIROPRACTOR.... THIS IS ALL CASH PAY BY THE WAY... INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER IT. IF YOU SAY NO, OR ONLY GIVE PERMISSION FOR ONE VERY EXPENSIVE LAB TEST GROUP $149 - $300 plus, THEN DR AND STAFF BEGIN TO GET AGGRESSIVE. THE OFFICE IS RUN LIKE AN INFOMERCIAL, UPSELL, UPSELL, UPSELL... I FELT HORRIBLE AS ONE GUY SEEN BEFORE ME WAS TRYING TO PAY FOR HIS SUPPLEMENTS, AS WE ARE ALL PUT THRU THE FLOW CHART OF THESE UPSELLS, AND ALL HIS CARDS WERE MAXED OUT AND HE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGHT MONEY. THE NEWER STAFF LADY AT FRONT DESK, OLDER BLONDE, WAS VERY RUDE, LOUD AND CONDESCENDING. THE MAN WAS ASHAMED AND EMBARRASSED. HIS CHARGES WERE OVER $150 FOR SOME SUPPLEMENTS WHICH HE PROBABLY THOUGHT WOULD HELP "HEAL" HIM... NOPE! ALTHOUGH THEY MAY MAKE HIM FEEL SLIGHTLY MORE ENERGY, ETC. NOW, THE DR ONLY OFFERS "FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE", WHATEVER THAT IS. THE STAFF WAS NOT ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHAT IT WAS??? IT WILL NOW COST YOU $250 TO REGISTER AND $250 A MONTH, OR A QUARTERLY $250 FEE, THAT STAFF COULD ONLY EXPLAIN THAT IT WAS FOR THE INTENSELY EDUCATED STAFF AND FOR EXTRA TIME FOR YOUR APPT. BEYOND THE NORMAL 15 MIN. OH, AND GET THIS, THEY WILL ALSO BILL YOUR INSURANCE AND COLLECT YOUR CO-PAY. THAT IS A BIG NO NO ACCORDING TO INSURANCE CONTRACTS!! IT WOULD COST AROUND $520 CASH OR CREDIT, NO CHECKS, HA! TO GET IN THE DOOR. OH, AND THAT S WITHOUT YOUR ADDED LAB COSTS AND SUPPLEMENTS. THAT COULD BUMP YOUR COST UP TO $1000! EVERYTHING YOU ARE AILING FROM IS LINKED TO GLUTEN, DAIRY, ALLERGIES, ETC. EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD ALLERGY TESTS, THEY WANT YOU TO DO THEIRS! I DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE. I HAVE BEEN TESTED. THE DR ACTUALLY ENDED UP PUTTING ME ON SUPPLEMENTS THAT MADE ME VERY ILL AS I HAVE A METABOLIC PROBLEM. SO MY VERY SERIOUS HEALTH CARE NEED WAS NOT INITIALLY ADDRESSED, AND I GOT MORE ILL. AFTER GOING TO THIS PLACE FOR YEARS AND TRUSTING THIS DR., ALL I FEEL IS TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. THE OTHER DRS AND PAs WERE GREAT, BUT THEY ALL LEFT WHEN THE CLINIC BECAME "FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE", WHICH STILL I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT IS. I LOOKED AT HEIR NEW WEBSITE AND THEN ANOTHER WEBSITE THAT TRIED TO EXPLAIN THIS NEW PAYMENT AND HEALTH SYSTEM. IT IS LINKED TO CHRISTIAN RELIGION AND AND A NON-PROFIT BY THE WAY, WHICH WAS NEVER DISCLOSED. PER THE STAFF, SOMETHING LIKE HYPOTHYROID CAN BE WESTERN MEDICINE AND FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE?? HEY, I JUST WANT A REFILL FOR MY RX! THAT WILL BE $520 PLEASE.. AND YOU PAY $250 A QUARTER OR A MONTHLY FEE OF ?? WHETHER YOU MAKE AN APPT OR NOT! IT IS LIKE A HEALTHCARE CLUB! AND FOR THAT VERY VERY SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEM YOU CAME ABOUT, DO ALL THESE EXPENSIVE UNRELATED LABS, AND BUY THESE EIGHT SUPPLEMENTS. AND AFTER YOU DO THAT, THEN I WILL ADDRESS YOUR SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE. UM.... NO! MOST OF THE OTHER STAFF AND DRS. LEFT AND UNFFORTUNATELY, SO MUST I. MEDICAL CARE IN THIS STATE IS A JOKE! I HAVE HAD TWO TO THREE PRIMARY DRS. JUST SUDDENLY LEAVE THE STATE, ONE CHIRO THAT WAS WACKY TELLING ME MY BACK HURT BECAUSE IN A PAST LIFE MY SISTER BURIED ME ALIVE! Ha! EXCUSE ME? AM I BEING PUNKED??, ONE GOT ARRESTED AND NOW THIS CRAZY MONEY HUNGRY STUFF.. WHERE IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF HEALTHCARE IN NEVADA?? I FEEL LIKE INDIANA JONES ON A QUEST OR RELIABLE HEALTHCARE, DODGING THINGS FLYING AT ME LEFT AND RIGHT. WHEN DO I FIND MY PRIZE POSSESSION? OF RELIABLE, QUALITY, CURRENT KNOWLEDGE HEALTHCARE? MAYBE NEVER IN NEVADA, AND THAT IS SAD!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Real air head. Always running late . You can see only $ signs in her eyes looking back at you . Bad Doctor !!!!!!!!! Not a nice person either . Look's down on her patients. Staff is dirty and un kept looking. Office is dirty !

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Yes I am overweight. Maybe if I spent more time taking care of myself instead of others I would have a "beautiful people" physique. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "At the end of the day I can still lose weight, some people will still be mean."

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow with Dr Sparks to go over my bloodwork I had done last week. One thing I don't understand is how health conscious Dr Sparks is, but her assistant is extremely overweight with a terrible attitude. Kind of hippo critical. I don't know about this place. I wouldn't recommend anyone go here. If you're going to push your patients to be healthy, start with your staff. I can't have anyone telling me what my diet should be when the person telling me is 100 pounds overweight. No exaggeration. Go see for yourself. Practice what you preach.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Took my son in because he was having pressure between his eyes and back of neck. Was told he had a sinus infection. Was given 5 OTC medicines told to come back for blood work. Had blood work done for over 100 things. Was told to come back for results in 3 weeks. Went back the other day. My son told him he was better but still had pressure. Immediately started going over blood work and gave him 5 more supplements but when asked what to do about the pressure was told "this is Vegas, he has allergies". Have to live with it. The office promotes their supplements and doesn't address the issue you came in for. Money hungry practice

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Money is her God - 4-6 month wait to see this Dr unless you are a "specialty" patient - staff rude when I requested appointment with doctor rather than PA - so glad Teachers Health Trust heard our complaints and cancelled her contract.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Terribly rude staff, especially "Stephanie". Unless you are near death, you will rarely see this doctor but instead be directed to PAs. Doctor is so busy selling vitamin pills and other money-making schemes that she never diagnosed my stage-3 kidney disease. Her interest is money, not medicine. This is why, as of July 2015, her practice is no longer recognized by Teachers Health Trust, one of the largest insurers in the Las Vegas valley.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I have been taking the supplements that I was told to take, and they are making me sick. I told Dr Sparks about it and she said keep taking them, it gets better. It has been a month and still they make me feel ill. No longer taking them. Changing my Dr.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Amy Sparks's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

AHC