Ratings for Dr. Joseph W. Mathews

I have only seen Dr Mathews one time. 15 min is not long enough to rate him. But his staff gets an F. It has taken 6 days of calls again and again before getting to speak to someone and then more days and calls to get the prescription right. I asked to speak to the office manager to file a complaint. That was more than 2 weeks ago.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Mathews is amazing however the other NP or Dr (not sure which she is) and staff are sub-par. Trying to get in touch with anyone is borderline impossible, and Dr. Mathews has too many patients so he gives some of them to his NP who in my opinion doesn't seem to know what she's doing. Seems very pill-happy and likes to prescribe high doses at that, even when you're an individual like myself who isn't a true case of hypothyroidism. If it were Dr Mathews and only Dr Mathews seeing patients I may be inclined to leave a more positive review, however at this point I'm going to look in to finding a new endocrinologist outside of the Charleston area as hardly any of them have any positive reviews, and Dr. Mathews office was a disappointment.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Couldn't ask for a more thorough and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Well worth the wait. Didn't leave anything to chance. Lots of labs done. I felt that he was determined to get to the bottom of my thyroid/PCOS problems. Finally, someone I have confidence in that will help me get the right treatment.

Submitted July 25, 2017

Walked me through my initial thyroid issues. Continues to explain, diagnosis, and follow up with professionalism and humanism. Have recommended him.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Superb. He has helped me feel soooo much better with changing my thyroid meds around.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I love me some Dr. Mathews! I'll follow him wherever he goes so he can take care of me.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

There are a lot of stupid endocrinologists out there. Dr. Mathews, is definitively not one of them! I saw 5 endocrinologist before him and none of them knew what they were doing. Now that I have found him, I'm never changing again.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Treats me for diabetes. He makes me want to do better. I like him a lot. I trust him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Great doctor! A doctor's doctor. Teaches well so it is easy to understand.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013