Ratings for Dr. David H. Kahan

Dr. Kahan was nothing but helpful for me. He listened intently and ordered the appropriate labs and even added on other labs when those were inconclusive. Turns out I had Grave's disease and he found it and refered me to an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Office staff rarely calls back when promises making for numerous calls back to get answers. Nice personality but limited medical knowledge. Other poor ratings put up a red flag to me. Use Doctor with great caution and only for very basic medical issues. It may be your life!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Dr. David Kahan D.O. never communicates the type of follow up I need to make with receptionist. She always seems clueless when I forward on to her what he told me to say. She always has to go back and ask him. I ask very good, thorough questions which irritates her, but when I come back for a follow up, what I confirmed earlier always seems to get mixed up in their office. Dr. Kahn starts out with a very good bedside manner if you have something simple for him to assess. My issue has been that when I have unexplained pain or med issues, he just doesn't deal well with it. He cuts me off somewhat rudely and won't let me ask my questions expecting me to blindly do as he asks. Now, how can I have any trust in a Doctor who ignores the person who knows his body best. He's good for the kiddies with a cold, but not cut out for dealing with more serious health issues. He must know it, because he's quick with the referral

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Great bedside manner, with almost no pertinent medical knowledge or real clinical experience. If you have nothing wrong he is excellent. If you have something wrong he has no idea what it is or what to do about it. Knows how to refer and thats about it.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

All I can say is Yikes. NW Allied seems a little shady. 1st problem: My personal info (soc sec, date of birth, etc.) was faxed to a real estate office, they offered 1 yr of credit monitoring but the website on their form letter was invalid (Why do they have a form letter? Does this happen often?) 2nd problem: Dr didn't seem to be listening and just ordered bloodwork. 3rd problem: Dr's notes for appt prove that he truly wasn't listening: The reason for my appt was to discuss and order blood test for thyroid, but it was billed for rhinitus (sinus)?. Insurance pmt was a DISASTER I asked for resubmittal to insurance company but the insurance biller refused and I ended up paying out of pocket. I was really shocked by how everything was handled. Let's just say I'm not any healthier for having seen this doctor. BTW I never did get to discuss my thyroid test results. The good part--very good phlebotomist, but I still won't be back.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

If you have a pimple, minor cut, small infection, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, minor cold, minor flu, earache, sore throat, or any other very small medical problem Dr. Kahan is your man. However, if you have something seriously wrong that that has gone undiagnosed, he has no idea how to diagnose it or what to do & consequently tells you that the problem is in your head. Very helpful for minor things & very unhelpful for serious diseases. I report & you decide.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

Dr. Kahan is a true mench (a real good human being). He listens, cares and has great medical knowledge. He has an excellent bedside manner. He waits to all your questions are asked & then he answers them properly, before he leaves. He even brings up a bunch of his own questions. If you want to bring in other health care oppinions or your own, he welcomes them with open arms. He is worth driving a couple of hundred miles to see. When you finally give up on your doctor, you know where to go. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Kahan.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

My family has been seeing Dr. Kahan for about 5 years now. He is always friendly, very helpful, very personable (he doesn't just treat you like any other patient). Even though he moved to a different side of town, we make the long drive whenever we need his expertise. He is caring and more doctors need to be like him!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Best listener I have encountered in the medical field. I have a chronic condition that Dr. Kahan has treated with compassion and delibration. The Kiva staff is top flight. My scripts are filled Nasa Rocket Fast. Appointments are on time!! My Dr. for life if I live that long..ha.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2007

This guy restored my faith in doctors again. Best I've ever known, and I used to work on a golf course and knew a lot.My favorite thing about Dr. Kahan is that he's such a good listener. He honestly places an emphasis on what I have to say before he starts doing the diagnosis and offering treatments.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2006

Dr. David H. Kahan's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1995)