Ratings for Dr. Carole Chan-You

Avoid Dr. Carole Chan-You at all costs. My SO was with her for almost two years, and was always treated like a second-class citizen. Sutter no longer takes Medi-Cal and my own current ACA plan is being dropped by Anthem. Dr. Chan-You was primary care physician, and responsible for prescriptions for pain management. My SO is not a drug abuser - she has chronic pain and is going on disability because it is so severe. As soon as Sutter changed their policy, Chan-You stopped returning phone calls -- even though Sutter is aware of what is changing with Anthem due to changing health policies in 2017, and is allowing their doctors to write prescriptions to "bridge" the time between getting a new referral for a primary care physician who takes the insurance Sutter is dropping. The only reason I can think of Carole Chan-You would do this is pure spite, apathy, and indifference. My SO was under your care for a long time, you know she needed you to fill that script on the way out. Instead, Chan-You can't be bothered to even return a call. Seriously, stay away from this doctor, she gives zero f's about her patients.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

With Dr. Chan-You for a year. Takes risks with health. Was told if she notices I am using too much asthma medicine, she will not refill the prescription. Did not give me a refill on my blood pressure meds I have taken for 20 years. Insists on seeing me after each prescription runs out and gives me a lecture like I am 10. I am 50 and know my meds and my body. Risky and dangerous and I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

This doctor does not make you feel like she cares or understands your situation/needs and instead makes you feel rushed out the door

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Doctor has the bedside manner of sadist, I came to a pain management appointment on time, was told I was late, and then this doctor refused to see me.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014