Ratings for Dr. Leslie A. Apgar

Rude. Condescending. Made inappropriate comments. Would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I have been with Dr. Apgar for 10 years. I look forward to seeing her each year. She delivered my baby (and helped me through it) and has been so wonderful over the years.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

This doctor is phenomenal. She is willing to work with you if you have difficulty with examinations and is both direct, thoughtful, and compassionate all at once. I really appreciate her wit and her exceptional knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

I adore Dr. Apgar! She is direct and to the point (doesn't give you any fluff). She is sympathetic and very willing to help. I have recently recommended her to several friends and they all love her. She has a way of making me laugh at very uncomfortable time. :-)

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Beware. This office is run more like a factory than any kind of medical center. Dr. Apgar's personality is reflected in this. As another rater noted, she's burnt out. You get rushed out of there really fast. If anything really bad has happened to you (like a miscarriage) they treat you like you are making things up unless it's right there on the paper in front of them (which they lose half the time). My daughter would have never been born if I stayed.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. Apgar is a blessing and gave me individualized care and treatment that was desperately needed. Extremely helpful, extremely caring, extremely knowledgeable. Went out of her way to spend time getting to know me and my situations. Took extra time at each appointment to ensure she knew what was happening. Very intuitive. Would recommend her as she is the single best physician I have ever met. (the office staff is another story, but she is phenomenal. And I tolerated the office staff so I could have her as my OB/GYN.)

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

Maybe this doctor was good at one point, but I think she must be going through some sort of midlife crisis. I found her to be very rude and nasty. She pressured me to get an unnecessary surgery (one that 2 second opinions were shocked she'd even recommend), and basically blew off all my questions about it. Beware!!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

I'm sorry to be the one dissenter here, but the Women's Group has changed over the past year. While the office used to be really well-organized, they've had a lot of trouble keeping track of the records and their new techs are very poorly trained (it will take an hour just to get a standard procedure done). The disorganization with patient records makes life especially difficult if you are pregnant as you have to see ALL 9 DOCTORS (that's right—a different doctor for every OB visit). It shows in the care you receive as a patient. Each time I had an OB visit, I was treated like a new patient as they couldn't find half of my records, and perhaps this is why most of the doctors seem burnt out. This, unfortunately, was the case with Dr. Apgar. I felt very rushed, and my questions were discouraged. Perhaps she is not like this when she isn't overbooked, but I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

I used to go to Dr.Apgar when I lived in Maryland. I also loved her. Very caring, compassionate. She doesn't treat you like your part of the patient assembly line. I was dealing with infertility at that time. I appreciated her honesty, but mostly her hopefulness in my situation.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

One of the most thorough, informed, compassionate doctors ever!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Dr. Leslie A. Apgar's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners