You may also like

Ratings for Dr. R. Martin Bashir

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Brilliant, focused, no rubbish specialist. Best consultant outside of the UK.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have had an unusual painful lower, sharp, aching abdominal pain that comes and goes during my menstrual period along with an imbalance between digestive fluids in the stomach and duodenum; namely, called peptic ulcer disease. I have chosen Dr. Bashir name from the list of the top 10 gastroenterologist in the Dc area. When I called on 4/2/2015 to set an appointment with Dr. Bashir and after describing the reason for the consultation and the stomach pain I was witnessing, I got a call back from Dr. Bashir asking me what I exactly suffer from. I truly appreciate taking the time in calling back and caring about whether his patient needs to come all the way to his office or not. He recommended that I take 3 over the counter medicines in order to settle down the stomach pain, before deciding to make a consultation. I took the medicines he recommended and the pain faded away in just two days. I did not even need to go in person pay for a consultation, and be able to be seen by Dr. Bashir. He saved me time and money. I sincerely highly recommend Dr. Bashir, I did not get the chance to meet him in person but he sounded an altruistic, caring, knowledgeable, and a serious doctor, knowing all the ropes. Doctors' time is extremely precious and he gave of his time for free over the phone for more than twenty minutes to help make a difference in my stomach case. I am again sincerely appreciative to his courteous staff when answering the phone and to him being considerate and kind. I honestly think he deserves a 5 star rating.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Bashir is truly amazing and exceptionally caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Waited too long and still he was rude. Who acts like that after making a patient wait an hour. In my opinion he is not a caring doctor. Doesn't really want to help just wants to make a dime of you.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

GREAT DOCTOR. I had a colonoscopy and he removed two polyps missed by my prev. GI. Then I sent my dad to him for heartburn he had for years. Bashir convinced my dad to have an endoscopy which his internist said wasnt needed, and Dr. Bashir found an early grade 1 esophageal cancer, which he refered to a great surgeon and which is now CURED. this is a real doctor. He really cares. Oh, and he NEVER asked to collect a penny and let my forget about a copay on visit. May not seem like anything but he is a real mensch.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

1st visit: 1hour and 30' wait. Colonoscopy: 2hours and 30' wait. Follow-up visit: 1hour 5' wait (left without seing doctor). Execution of colonoscopy and report were good. But regular waits of this magnitude are disrespectful to the patient and unforgivable. I guess most doctors will give you reasonable technical service, but only really good professionals are efficient enough to keep their time.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Back in February I saw Dr. Bashir and he totally misdiagnosed me. He seemed extremely rushed and did not seem to care or pay attention to what I was describing, which I later found out was Crohns diesease...how can a GI doctor miss that! He also ordered a myriad of tests, some of them my insurance did not even cover! Needless to say, that is the last time I went to him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

excellent, personable, great bedside manner, knowledgeable. I have recommended him to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Dr. R. Martin Bashir's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER, FEEL LIKE MY BROTHER TAKING CARE OF ME. SENDING ALL OF MY FAMILY TO HIM."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brilliant, focused, no rubbish specialist. Best consultant outside of the UK."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bashir is a lousy Dr.very uncaring,unprofessional,he shouldn't even be practicing medicine in"

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had an unusual painful lower, sharp, aching abdominal pain that comes and goes during my menstrual period along with an imbalance between digestive fluid..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bashir is truly amazing and exceptionally caring and knowledgeable."

December 31, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=31530'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

February 5, 2014