Dr. Costas A. Apostolis

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Costas A. Apostolis

I really liked the Doctor upon my first consultation, but did have a 2nd consult with another Urologist in the area for a 2nd opinion. The 2nd opinion felt Dr Apostolis was going to do what was necessary for my condition, but warned me that word on the street is that Dr. Apostolis has horrible follow up for his post surgical patients. I trusted him with my surgery. 2 days post surgery, I suffered some serious issues. Called his office, spoke to Lauren ( I believe is a receptionist) she assured me she would call the doctor and call me back. 4 hours later, she did call back, and asked me again why I called earlier and asked what she told me? You have to be kidding???? I did finally get an appointment a day later, not with the doctor but his assistant, who is very thorough and sweet. However She prescribed a medication that doesn't start working for 8 weeks and by then my issue will not require this med. So I was a bit confused. Today, a serious blockage and bleeding issue. Called the Doctors office and spoke to Lauren in the morning. She assured me she would speak to the Assistant and call me right back . It is now 5:30 pm and I have yet to hear from her. I am educated and will take myself to the emergency room if my condition were to worsen. It is my opinion that Dr. Apostolis has spread himself too thin with his practice, and is losing control of caring for his patients His office staff is a direct reflection on an extremely disorganized operation. I don't think he is aware of how bad his staff is making him look.

Submitted April 12, 2018

Had surgery with Dr Apostolis last week and he is the most compassionate Dr that I have ever encountered. The service I received was exceptional.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Recently had surgery for incontinence and prolapse. I had a wonderful outcome and experience with this office. Dr. Apostolis has an excellent bedside manner and surgical skills. Explained everything so that I could understand. Even drew pictures! So glad my primary Doctor referred me him for my care. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Excellent physician. Recently saw Dr. Apostolis in his new office. Excellent bedside manner. Very knowledgeable and thorough. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr. Apostolis is an amazing, five-star doctor. He's caring and has a wonderful bedside manner. He had to correct another surgeon's mess that had me in fear, tears, and pain. He explained clearly all that needed to be done and what to expect. He even called me at home to check on me after surgery while he was on vacation!! The lengthy office waits are more than worth the care and peace of mind Dr. Apostolis provides.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr Apostolis had one of the best bedside manors and compassion in a dream I've ever seen, and on my journey to my Elhers danlos syndrome diagnosis I've seen quote a few doctors. Strangely the only other doctor I've seen that was on the same level with him had a first name of apostolis. Dr costas apostolis was kind, warm, caring, gentle and explained everything very well. I suspected a prolapse and he confirmed it. While asking questions at the end he wasn't upset that I had done research about the condition prior to my visit and actually complemented me on being informed. Surgery will likely be in April this year. The staff was also extremely kind as well

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I've been tarted by Doctor Apostolis for the past 2 years and I have had such excellent experience and success that I won't ever go to another physician. His true concern and bedside manor plus his medical exoertise is great!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Great Dr. Had a visible prolapsed bladder and uterus. After 6wk check up feel better then before my surgery. I am extremely sensitive to pain and with just Tylenol and Motrin, had no problems. Dr Apostolis even returned a call to me when I couldn't reach a nurse practitioner after hours. explained everything really well. I would highly recommend this doctor. I am 60 yrs old and not only did the thought of surgery scare me but the recoup time. I shouldn't have worried with either because I now feel better then when I first went to see Dr Apostolis. There was a slight lack of communication between his office and my regular physician, but hopefully that was a fluke. Gave the staff a five star because I didn't want to diminish the Dr rating, but would have given them a four just for lack of communication. Great surgeon, very compassionate, explained things well and great bed side manner. Highly recommend! As a previous reviewer stated, he is a life changer and I have a hard time believing that he could have been rude to anyone. I hope this review helps you in making an informed decision (not an area you want someone messing around with that doesn't know what they are doing).

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Would highly recommend this practice. Listened and treatment started at first visit. Excellent staff.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Apostolis for urinary incontinence and bladder prolapse. He expalined everything in great detail. Not sure what the negative comments below are all about but definitely not my experience. He is the top in his field and has changed my life for the better! Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Costas A. Apostolis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Medicaid / Medi-Cal