Ratings for Dr. Michelle M. Shems

Excellent experience for my children. Dr. Shems and her caring staff are extremely knowledgable, kind, gentle and patient. They genuinely care about your outcome always keep you informed. The office is fun (especially the ortho bucks) and my kids like playing with the ice wall. I highly recommend Dr. Michelle Shems for your orthodontic work, you will be excellent care.....

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

The top orthodontist in this area. The staff is attentive, friendly, flexible, and really care about their patients. It is always a pleasant experience when you visit the office - beautifully clean, comfortable waiting area, and friendly smiles. Our daughters teeth are absolutely gorgeous and it doesn't end when the braces come off. Dr. Shems is excellent about the follow ups and making sure nothing is shifting. This office comes with my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Excellent experience from beginning to end! I'm extremely satisfied with the quality of care I received. Dr. Shems and her staff are so friendly, attentive, and make you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. I even got my braces off earlier than expected! I am so happy with my smile and I cannot recommend this office more!!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I am a father of 4 children , two of which came out of braces within the last nine months and one in queue (waiting for a couple of baby teeth to drop in). My fourth still a couple of years out and hopefully no need. Anyways, I'm self employed, no insurance and felt the need to shop around when my first was very apparently ready for braces. I went to four different orthodontistsIts in the area surrounding where I live in Windham. Knowing I had a few kids in the pipeline, I was concerned about pricing, but equally important and knowing I would likely be visiting the same office I chose for years, I wanted for the kids and myself to be comfortable with the dental office I chose and didn't mind driving a few extra miles since appointments are infrequent. Of the two closest in my local town , one was a dingy, (dated and somewhat unkept) satellite office to a few of what that particular dentist worked out of and the other seemed professional but in the basement of the same building as the other. I also checked out an office in Scarborough that was clean, professional, a little more pricey and more salesy. The last office I checked before deciding and I'm glad I did. was the office of Dr Michelle Shemms. I was quite surprised as when meeting, we recognized each other from years earlier when I was an Ortho patient at Tufts University Dental School in Boston while at the same time she was a dental student in Orthodontics. Today, after visiting the office of Dr Shemms for a few years, my oldest has an amazing smile and gleams with confidence and my daughter who just came out of her braces couldn't be happier. I should also add, (contrary to the opinion of one who commented which I can only assume must have been a very difficult customer to begin with, )both my son and daughter were in and out of their braces within the estimated timeline. My third is soon to begin treatment. recently, I commented to Dr Shemms personally about how happy we have been with every aspect of our experience with her office. It is always very clean, bright and cheery. My younger ones are are happy to come along to their siblings appointments as they are recognized and included with little handouts to choose from the toy drawer. My daughter has hoarded hers and her brothers Ortho bucks which have been redeemed for several gift cards. The team is wonderful to work with and I am amazed at the efficiency of getting in and out as busy as the the office always seems to be. Appointments have always been booked at ease and in the short few years that I have been going there, I have seen an evolution in technology to include the most up to date. One thing that has been hugely helpful for me is Dr Shemms willingness to work with a payment schedule that works for me. I can't find anything but good to describe my entire experience and I would highly recommend Dr Shemms for your families orthodontic needs.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Just got my braces off today and am so thrilled with my smile. I am 46 and have always been self-conscious of my crooked teeth. I love being able to flash a full, straight, and healthy smile. Dr. Shems is amazing. She is a lovely person and an amazing orthodontist. It was so interesting learning how they actually straighten teeth and take care of imperfections. She and her staff are very kind and accommodating. They work very well together and it was fun to see them each month. Thanks to Jodi for getting me started and finishing me off! They are all so good at what they do. You will not be disappointed with Dr. Shems!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

A wonderful, happy & comfortable group of people around a pretty intimidating procedure for a 58 yr old woman. Dr. Shem's office is bright & filled with ease no matter how busy they are! Not too mention that I now love my own teeth, what a delight for the second half of my life. Thrilled that I took the leap! & happy that I ended up here. I would recommend this office to anyone who is even considering work on setting your teeth straight.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Great practice. Beautifully decorated and clean office. Very pleasant experience. Highly recommend Dr. Shems.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

My daughter started treatment not too long ago and Dr. Shems sure lives up to her reputation as being the best around!! After turning to her as a second opinion I was instantly put at ease. We love the staff and our daughter really looks forward to seeing to the orthodontist, I can't even believe I'm saying that..!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Very fun and clean office! My kid always look forward to going, collecting and turning in orthobucks.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

As a dad with 3 kids in braces I have had nothing but a positive experience with Dr. Shems and her staff. They are professional, courteous and work with life's crazy schedules. In the many years with the practice I have never witnessed any of the behavior that was mentioned in the negative comment and there is probably more to the story...it sounds to me like they just have an axe to grind! You can't please everyone all the time. Dr. Shems runs a business, not Good Will, she wants to get paid just like everyone that has has a business, but they are more than happy to work with people on payment plans etc. I cannot recommend a nicer group of people to care for your children then this office! Dr.Shems is the best there is!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012