Dr. Matthew S. Ward's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Ward was trained in ophthalmology at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics where he also received additional fellowship training in cornea transplantation, ocular surface tumors and reconstruction and refractive surgery (Visian ICL, LASIK, PRK).
- University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)
- University of Iowa (Grad. 2013)
Areas of Expertise
- LASIK eye surgery
- Cornea transplant
- Cataract surgery
Awards & Recognitions
- 2012 ASCRS Resident Excellence Award
Publications & Research
- Macular and serum carotenoid concentrations in patients with malabsorption syndromes.
- Neuroprotection of retinal ganglion cells in DBA/2J mice with GDNF-loaded biodegradable microspheres.
- Stimulation of neurite outgrowth by neurotrophins delivered from degradable hydrogels.
- A comparison of neural differentiation and retinal transplantation with bone marrow-derived cells and retinal progenitor cells.
- Photorefractive keratectomy modification of postkeratoplasty anisometropic refractive errors.
- Graft survival versus glaucoma treatment after penetrating or Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty.
- Effect of bottle height and aspiration rate on postocclusion surge in Infiniti and Millennium peristaltic phacoemulsification machines.