Ratings for Dr. Randy W. Green

When I began seeing Dr. Green I was having tremendous anxiety speaking in public . The problem is my job often requires that I give presentations and I would freeze and even stutter. He noticed that I was anticipating times upcoming that I would have to talk and even losing sleep . Frankly I wasn't even aware that I was doing this but Dr. Green noticed it and in. just over three months taught me how to separate what I'm feeling from what I'm imagining ahead of time . I'm not even sure if I got that correct but all I know is I had to go to Chicago for business and was able to present in front of the group and still feel comfortable . I even got some positive feedback after the meeting ! Thank you Dr. Green .

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

My son was failing four core subjects when we began seeing Dr. Green the end of March . He didn't seem to care that he was failing and had little motivation to try harder . Dr. Green's methods were different from what I expected . Rather than asking my son why he does poorly or has no interest in doing better, Dr. Green Asked about his interests, made him laugh and told us stories . It didn't seem like "therapy" as I understood it . He also shifted my son's posture at the beginning of each session and had him walk around the room while they talked for a few minutes . After several weeks if became apparent to me that he was building my sons confidence . I can't put my finger on exactly what changed but I was shocked when he got his final report card and passed all four subjects -- one with an 83 !! My husband and I are grateful to Dr. Green for his fine work .

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My primary doc told me to go see a psychologist for my shoulder and neck pain he thought it had something to do with my anxiety since the meds he recommended didn't help . I saw Dr. Green a half dozen times or so and found him very helpful and unusual . Rather than drilling down on why I feel anxious or if I felt that way as a child he went right to my body. He taught me that all emotions show up first as a body state in your musculature and posture and he combined biofeedback with exercises that involve very small muscle movements and some other things including changes in breathing and posture and I have to say that for the first time in months when I woke up from a night's sleep my neck and shoulders felt relaxed !! Oddly enough I also feel a lot calmer on the inside and have no explanation as to why . I think Dr. Green is highly effective knowledgeable and would recommend him to anyone seeking help with this or similar problems.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have the incredible misfourtune of dealing with "Dr. Green" a few times throughout the week at the store I work in. He is extremely rude to our staff, making racist remarks about "no one speaking English", while angerly ranting about how "stupid" it is that we're out of stock of something, demanding that the store should never run out of the things he likes. He has made sexually perverse comments towards myself and other customers making my staff and anyone around him extremely uncomfortable with his presence. When I discovered he was a psychologist I felt compelled to comment because I couldn't imagine actually paying to speak with this man. You will most likely leave with more psychological issues than you did when you came.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Both of my children were bordering on failing in school. One didn't study and the other claimed she didn't understand the work. More than these things I suspected that both kids were having some self-esteem issues and maybe even depression over my recent break up with my husband . In just a few months talking to Green helped each of my kids not only find the confidence they needed to raise their grades, but overcome some of the shyness they experienced in other aspects of their school and social lives . They each have a ways to go yet but Dr. Green has been magnificent with them and they love his dogs and so do I . I read another post on here and was appalled at what was written about Dr. Green . The post was not written well in places and this person obviously had someone else in mind . Dr. Green has two dogs -- not one and he loves them and would never harm them . And he has this thing about wellness both in terms of diet and exercise . He not only makes going to the gym and integral part of his treatment but he's very particular about where he gets food from-- he goes across the river to an organic farm or something for his meats & seafood. This venue is for rating doctors in the work they do not for putting out ridiculous and unfactual posts that don't relate to someone skills.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr green visits my store every morning. He is rude toward our entire staff, especially the woman. He has no problem tell one of us we are incompetent because we keep his fish or chicken under refrigeration and not waiting at the register. He's rude to us on the phone, will only talk to and let certain people handle is food, which is laughable for us due to none of us wanting to deal with this little angry man. Speaking of angry, three of us witnessed this man beat his dog in our parking lot. First he smacked it in to the car, then threw the poor thing into the back seat. Then he walked around to the other side and started slapping the dog in the face. I guess he has issues with women and takes it out on his dog? Anyway, stay clear of this guy, he's got serious issues with himself and takes them out on everything around him he finds inferior.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I was depressed for years. I saw a few doctors most of which prescribed med which made me groggy or upset my stomach, but didn't make me much less depressed. Last winter, I read one of Dr. Green's monthly magazine articles on depression. His approach intrigued me and I decided to work with him. The most important thing I learned was that, unlike previous. approaches which imply that I have this chemical imbalance that can only be controlled with meds, I could learn to take charge of my depression by where I put my attention. He shifted my focus and had me add a certain type of exercise to my routine. It didn't make sense to me, but he said it didn't have to-- just do it and then see the result. Working with him for about 6 months, I have learned to shut off that negative "morning voice", and just lose most of my negativity. I feel better, sleep better and treat my husband better (he is even more grateful to Dr. Green than I am:). Without question, he is the most competent, patient and creative therapist I've ever met and would highly recommend him to anyone suffering needlessly as I was.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I’ve been to several therapists in my life, who have seemed accepting of my problems but who offered little in the way of solutions. Dr. Green has an enlightening and proactive style that brings out the best in people. I highly recommend that if you truly wish to change your life in a positive direction, you seek him out.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

This man is very arrogant and pompous. He raised his voice to me, cursed at me, and shouted demeaning statements about myself as well as another therapist that I had seen before going to him. I would strongly caution anyone who is considering visiting him. Oh, and when he got me riled, he also threatened to let his dog into the room, when it was growling at my father. To top it all off, it is my belief that he's also slightly prejudiced against members of the LGBT community.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr. Green has always gone out of his way to help me. When I have requested additional appointments over the phone he was very accommodating.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016