Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Lewis

I paid cash for my visits, just for him to give me the wrong prescription. It was so far off it made me dizzy which he stated was normals. Could never get my money back from Baylor. I complained numerous times and they have ignored me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I understand the other poster's comments regarding his demeanor. He can come off as a bit egotistical and arrogant, but he has never been rude to me. He is a bit sarcastic, always funny, and you just have to "get" his personality. I never think being arrogant is appropriate, but I suppose it's understandable, given his reputation and pedigree - definitely tops in the field. I suggest everyone give him a shot to see if his personality is really as abrasive as the other poster makes it out to be; you might be pleasantly surprised. Anyway, I go to him regularly and think he's great - wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

This man was the rudest, most incredibly insensitive man I've every met. He was even so horrible to the resident that she was on the verge of tears. He treated my 11 year old daughter horribly and spoke to me in a way that just floored me. I can't believe he has patients. He is supposedly the top in his field but he obviously knows that and feels that respect is garnered merely because of reputation. I would only re visit him if he had the only resources for saving my daughter's eyes but he doesn't, so farewell!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2006

Dr. Richard A. Lewis's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1969)