Ratings for Dr. Neelam Goyal

I saw Dr. Goyal a year ago for some balance issues I was having. I was referred to her by another Stanford doctor for peripheral neuropathy. Dr. Goyal conducted an EMG . When that came out normal, she stated I couldn't have peripheral neuropathy. I explained to her that there are other tests she could run and that maybe the EMG was just not sensitive enough to pick up my issue. She basically dismissed me and all my symptoms. (I walk with a cane and I'm only in my 40's.) Basically, Dr. Goyal doesn't have the experience or the compassion to be a doctor at Stanford. What she should have done is referred me to a more experienced neurologist since she didn't have a clue as to what to do with me. I am now seeing a more competent neurologist that I found on my own. This neurologist wasn't surprised that Dr. Goyal wasn't very good. He had heard similar claims from other patients.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014