Ratings for Dr. Andrew P. Yake

I went in for depression, stress, anxiety, things like that, and he gave me the absolute worst advice. After I identified the sources of my issues, he told me that I should ignore them. He actually told me that I shouldn't pay rent, pay bills, pay back my student loans, go to class, or do anything that caused me problems. He wanted me to just give up. I flat-out told him that was a bad idea, going into detail about what could happen as a result, and that I didn't want to follow that advice. He just kept insisting that he was right. He refused to accept otherwise. How can giving up on life ever be a good idea? I quit seeing him after three sessions and when I left the last one, he told me that I wasn't ready for therapy. He's completely full of himself. Find someone else to go to.

Submitted September 27, 2015

He is insightful and friendly. Very knowledgable about psychological theories and behaviors. I learned a lot about myself, and really enjoyed our sessions. He is definitely very interested in his work and is good at pointing out patterns in behavior and thoughts that I would not have noticed otherwise. The atmosphere is friendly, safe, and intellectual. Definitely recommend!

Submitted October 29, 2013

I found his services to be very helpful. Sometimes he had an odd approach, but I found him open, insightful, respectful, and calm. He helped me to grow as a person much more than any book could have.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013