Ratings for Dr. Melonie C. Proctor

Dr Proctor had her nurse call and give my biopsy results. She told me I had Breast Cancer. She read the results wrong. I didn't know that for 20 mins until she called back and apologized for her mistake. 20 minutes of anguish I went through because she didn't throughly read the results. Reading a biopsy wrong and calling someone and telling them that is unacceptable.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I too had an unpleasant experience with Dr. Proctor. She left me waiting for 40 minutes on the exam room. Now I understand sometimes there are issues but I was told by the staff that I was the next person and it wouldn't be long. When she arrived there was no apology for the wait and when I informed her I had to be at work and didn't have a ton of time she then said, "Oh yeah, sorry about the wait." She then proceeded to ask me the same question 10 times in regards to my issue. Did she think the answer would change if she kept asking it? Completely apathetic. I'm not sure why this person became a family practice doctor, it doesn't appear she even likes people. This visit was a terrible waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I have seen Dr. Proctor once and felt very comfortable and pleased with her. I have already recommended her to my friends. The office staff was very polite and pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I have had one visit with Dr Procter and will NEVER RETURN! I had 2 issues that day had been going to that office previously so she had all of my records in front of her. I found her EXTREMELY UNATTENTIVE and uncaring! I had to repeat myself in order for her to grasp that I had chest pains and pain all diwn left side except arm and then she ordered a stress test for a person that has extreme neuropathy and can't walk distances! I was also there for hip pain of which I explained came out of nowhere unless it was a fall from 1 1/2 weeks earlier. She didn't even examine, didn't get off her stool. I told her the pain was extremely deep and went all the way through tomy back. I was told I more than likely pulled something! No x-ray no nothing. Will hopefully find someone else with more knowledge and much better bedside manner!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I moved here from Indiana and my mother recommended Dr. Proctor. I have had a few visits with her and have been pleased with each visit. Did not have to wait long. Yes, she is to the point, but I think all doctors should be. Wouldn't you rather have it told to you straight and not beat behind the bush? I do. She has always been nice to me and my mother. I recommended her to my oldest daughter. As far as the office staff, I have always had a pleasant experience there and have never had to wait but maybe 15 minutes. I use MyChart to ask the dr questions and I always get a quick response. Before MyChart, I would call the office and I would get an answer back that day. I recently used MyChart about about a health question and was sent a request back with an appointment for the next day and I hadn't responded to the reply so the office staff called me to verify. Needless to say, I have had great experiences with Dr. Proctor and her staff.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

My visits with Dr. Proctor have been very good. She din't seem rushed and asked me pertinent questions without being rude or talking down to me. I am keeping her.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

She is rude and abrupt; did not listen to my concerns; accused me of telling her half-truths & being non-compliant re meds (I was not doing either). Of all the health-care professionals I have had in my life, she is the worst.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Office run very poorly. Can't get appt. When you need it. Dr procter in and out fast. Wont listen to anything. I changed family dr to come to her. I made a big mistake that dr and that office is the worst. I have already had my records sent back to my original dr.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I just read a review on Dr. Proctor on here & I have to say I agree !!! She is so unprofessional & made me feel so uncomfortabl. She doesn't seem to care or listen to anything. She has no bedside manner what's so ever. I will not be seeing her again. She will never be like Dr Kristi Day who was such a professional doc. She was so caring & just made me feel so comfortable. Wish she was back :(

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

Dr. Melonie C. Proctor's Credentials

• Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2007)