Ratings for Dr. Joseph V. Centofanti

I found this doctor to be very caring, listened to me and I would highly recommend to any person who is in need of a top notch neurologist.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

This man was horrible to deal with. I took my father with dementia to him and instead of helping me with a formal diagnosis to get my father the care he needed, he told me if dept of elderly affairs found out he was living alone they'd put me in jail. He also ridiculed my father's appearance. At the 2nd appt he was unhappy that I had not asked him for any help to get my father into a nursing home. Once we reached that point and I asked him to fill out medical necessity paperwork, he refused and sent me to my father's PCP. He made a difficult situation far worse and I would never go to that man again if he were the last doctor on earth.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Very kind and understanding as well as having a since of humor. My wrist was in pain he did needle test without much pain gave me a wrist splint to wear at night which is helping. The office staff was very helpful in getting me appt.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Really knows his stuff and treat you like part of his family and explained everything step-by-step what's going on

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. Centofanti has the bedside manner of a badger. He's very resentful of patients bringing a family member with them to appointments to help manage their care even though he is a neurologist treating neurology patients with neurological problems (duh). He loves to intimidate his patients and is very bullying in attitude. Three years and no diagnosis. He acts like a man who has lost interest in his practice and his patient.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I found Dr Centofanti very informative and very understandable as to what my problems vere. He explained them to me so I could really understand what was going on with my body.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Centofanti by my physician. I called and left a message for the office to return my phone call in hopes they would contact me to set up an appointment. Needless to say, I had to call back. The secretary I spoke to was rude, ignorant and very unprofessional. She had a tone that seemed as if she was annoyed or too busy to be bothered with me. She kept referring to my medical condition as "my problem "....stating "we don't treat your problem ".....and "your problem needs a specialist " She needs a lesson in proper phone etiquette as well as learn how to use professional language when referring to medical terminology and jargon....without calling someone's condition "a problem". I heard great things about this doctor, it's too bad his secretary may scare patients away.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

The worst physician in the State of Rhode Island!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Excellent care and a doctor who really regarded all of my comments with the utmost attention. I felt he gave me all of his attention and did not rush me. Very wonderful and caring front desk who made sure everything was ready for my consult with the doctor.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Professional, great staff, all around a truly refreshing experience. Would highly reccommend.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Joseph V. Centofanti's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1988)

Oxford