Ratings for Dr. Nirupama Ramkumar

I used to rely only on doctor's advice, but not anymore after I met with her. I met with this lady (sorry I would never ever call her a doctor) when my kidney function was at about 30%. She neither warned me about the future complications that my kidneys could cause at this stage nor scheduled a follow up visit. All she told me was to keep my blood sugar under control and everything will be alright. Within a month or so, I ended up in the hospital with a kidney function of 8%, and I had to start undergoing dialysis. The attending nephrologist in the hospital was surprised to see why she hasn't scheduled any follow up visits even after knowing that my kidney function was at 30%. A few nurses at the hospital even advised us to sue her. They said I could have postponed dialysis at least for a couple of years if she had advised/suggested me about preventive care when my kidney function was at 30%. My kind advice to all my loved ones is not to go to her for any kind of medical advice. If you don't get an appointment with a nephrologist on a specific date, I would strongly recommend you to wait or find an other nephrologist, but definitely not her. I hope this review helps everybody and I don't want this lady to play with anyone else's lives because of her carelessness and lack of medical knowledge.

Submitted February 22, 2015