Ratings for Dr. Marci L. Troxell

Dr Troxell has spent her precious time making me feel comfortable with my diagnosis. She is smart, she is compassionate, and she will do what she can to help you understand your condition and address your anxiety... even if you ask 15 times whats going on... She is great!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Very plesent visit. I normally hate seeing the Doctor or going into the hospital. However, her staff and office was very welcoming, clean, and free coffee was great. The nurse saw me quickly, then after Dr. Troxell saw me less than a miniute late. Asked questions, explained to me clearly everything, and continueing on. Thank You

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Troxell and her staff have been fabulous to me from moment one! She is highly professional, deeply compassionate and in all ways, is an extremely well-educated and trained medical physician. I have several debilitating neurological diseases and no one had ever listened to me as well as she has, no one had ever taken the time to explain things to me the way she did, and no staff anywhere has been as kind and patient as they have been with and for me. I would go to no other neurologist. I have found the doctor that I need and will keep until I die ... or until one of us moves out of Alaska! I sure hope she stays here, we need personable, honestly caring specialists like Dr. Troxell in Alaska; they are too few up here! I feel lucky to have been referred to the group she is with, but I think I was guided by a higher Hand to have chosen HER out of the others there since everything has been done so well for me via her orders. GREAT DOC! ~~ Patient, Terry R.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Marci Troxell is a wonderful Neurologist. She spends time with me, asks lots of questions and has helped me understand what is going on. She also works diligently with my GP.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

She charged me almost $17000 for one-half hour of a simple test. Other neurologists in town charge 10% of that amount. Dr. Troxell represents all that is wrong with the American medical "system." Here in Alaska we have the highest health care costs in the nation, and doctors like her and her other staff are the reason why. And her staff? The most rude in the nation, including NYC. I am not kidding. They are so unprofessional it defies belief. NEVER in my life have I been so abused by an office staff.

Submitted August 21, 2012

I believe that this doctor could is a good Dr. I think that Alaska Neurology Center Stacks patience on top of each other. I have NEVER gotten in to see my Dr. in less than a 1 hour wait. The staff at Alaska Neurology Center are horrible. I am usually so upset by the time I get in to see my Dr. I need a different kind of help. I don’t understand why such a professional office would hire such unprofessional people to greet their patience. It doesn’t stop there, there billing department is even worse. I paid my co pay for my insurance, a year later they came to me threatening to send me to collections. I let them know that I wasn’t even aware that I owed them anything until just then. I was rudely told that it was my responsibility. I understand that, but when I left a year before we were paid in full you are just now sending me something. Am I supposed to just wonder continuously… “Hmmm do I owe my neurologist more money I know I haven’t gotten a bill, but just maybe… “ Seriously.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Very nice lady. I feel that she listened to me and understood what I was trying to describe even when I didn't have words for my own symptoms. Very pleased!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

I THINK SHE IS A GREAT UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR SHE IS OPEN TOO, FINDING THINGS THAT WORK FOR YOU AS A PATIENT. I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE. I AM HER PATIENT JOCELYN.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Seems uninformed or incomptetent in neurology. Uninterested in seeking medical answers - prefers to refer patients to partner psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Dr. Marci L. Troxell's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)