Ratings for Dr. Sabra M. Bellovin

Dr Bellovin is an excellent physician; as she is thorough, knowledgeable, and a fearless inquiring, probing skilled encouraging medical professional. In fact, every office visit is filled with patient learning opportunities; questions from the patient follow unimpeded as she dictates computer entries in response to questions and answers regarding health concerns and challenges. The thoroughness of a patient visit is second to none, which gives the motivated patient the experience of a proficient medical learning environment; that can be utilized to enhance his/her future health outcomes. Nowhere have I ever had such professional care and would without hesitation recommend Dr. Bellovin to anyone who is serious about their personal health care.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

She is a terrible doctor. Yes, she appears to be kind and compassionate. But I don't care about the warm and fuzzies. I want a doctor to listen to my symptoms, evaluate them and order the right tests. She orders irrelevant tests and refers unnecessarily; yet she does not order and refer on the important issues. She refuses to explain when you ask her why she does or does not do something. She has treated me for years and yet I have made no progress--just gotten worse and she has ignored serious signs and symptoms. Some of the damage is irreversible. Plus you have to wait at her office for hours before she sees you--even when you are very ill. Once she tested her patients for a virus that had been spread by her office and without our knowledge, and no explanation given to us. She does not communicate--just listens. I want a doctor that can evaluate precisely and not waste my time and money, especially when I am ill. I feel like she has just stung me along without remorse.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

this is the worst doctor to see. I have a fam history of diabetes. my age and weight gain with vision issues and thirst should have been a red flag. but had to get another doc to tell me i have diabetes.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Horrible experience that lasted nearly 2 years left me very ill and toxic and with nowhere to go. Luckily I found another Dr. Would not listen to history to determine depth and level of illness or follow up with treatment symptoms. Much time wasted looking at things that were not issues and being afraid of insurance companies to properly treat the level of illness present. Staff horrible in every sense.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Bellovin is the Best. She not only figures out complicated cases and is very thorough, she is kind and patient and really listens to her patients. She is a personal doctor and really cares about her patients, more so, then any doctor I have ever seen. She spends more then the usual time with complicated cases. She has helped me and my son, tremendously, and I appreciate her so much. She is an answer to prayer.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr.Bellovin is awesome, a gentle kind person, who listens . She has helped to give me back a resemblance of my life and helped give my children back there mother. she is a blessing, I prayed God would help me find someone to be able to treat my disease and he sent her, I call her miracle for me.More Doctors could learn from her, she is not an average Doctor, she is tops because of her humble nature.God Bless her.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Bellovin for the past 4 years. She impresseed me then. I am also an Allied health Provider(Respiratory Therapist). I know how cold and incompassionate that medical professionals can be. I have seen it firsthand. However, with Dr. Bellovin , the experience was very different. What Dr. Bellovin did recently, just blew my mind. I have annual eye screenings and eye examinationa annually. When it was time for my annual physical, Dr. Bellovin noticed an abnormality in my eyes. She referred me to an opthalmologist. The Opthamologist diagnosed me with glaucoma. The optometrists that i have seen for years, did not even find that. But Dr. Bellovin did.I have my keen eyesight because of her sharp assessment skills as a Provider.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

I just had to add my two cents worth. Dr. Bellovin is the best of the best. I have never had such a caring and considerate doctor, and she is brilliant as well. She has not only given me a life again, but has literally saved my life. She investigates everything, tailors her treatment individually, and works WITH the patient, unlike other doctors. If your rating scale is 1-5, I would rate her a 6+. I feel truly blessed to have found her.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

After seeing Dr. after Dr. and being told that there was nothing wrong with me, I finally was fortunate enough to find Dr. Bellovin. Having suffered for over 5 years Dr. Bellovin has finally given me my life back!!! She is the most caring, patient, intelligent, thorough, and competent doctor I have seen in decades. I wish every doctor had Dr. Bellovin's compassion and approach the level of dedication exhibited by this outstanding physician. In my opinion, Dr. Bellovin is simply the best!!!!!! I just wish there were more like her.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr.Bellovin is incredibly knowledgable, she really thinks things through, she takes the time to listen to you, she provides good concrete answers and direction. She practices medicine in a very supportive and compassionate manner. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Sabra M. Bellovin's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1994)

Amerigroup