Ratings for Dr. Meenakshi Garg

I left Dr Garg's practice yesterday after my visit with her was the final straw. I went to her office two weeks ago with test results from a specialist for her staff to photocopy. I watched them do that and file it. I then filled out a medical release form so she could talk to this specialist. I watched them file it. Yesterday, I arrived for my appointment, The clerical staff and nurses all knew exactly why I was there. The nurse took my BP, etc and told me the doctor would be right in. I sat there for another 20 minutes waiting for Dr Garg to come in. Based on past visits, this was about right. She is never on time. She finally came in and asked a few basic questions. When I said there was no problems with anything she asked, she said "Anything else?" I was in disbelief. I said "Yes. I'm actually here to talk about this other condition" (I told her specifically what I was there for. Not going to say it here). She had no idea what I was talking about. I told her I'd been in and given her staff a copy of the test results and signed the release. Her exact response was "Yeah, I don't have any of that." then looked at me like "So...?" I have been in this situation before with other doctors. I get that sometimes, paperwork does not make it to the doctor's desk for one reason or other. But the other doctors have always called the receptionist and asked them to find the reports I was talking about. Dr Garg simply didn't care. I had the otiginal copy of the test results. I began to tell her my story for background on it. She waved her hand at me and said "Shhh. I'm reading." Not "Hang on a second and let me read this." ......"Shhh. I'm reading". She read it and said "I can't do anything. I'm not trained to deal with this." Inside, my jaw dropped. But I said "But I filled out a release form so you could talk to him." She said "Yeah. I don't have that and he never called me." I said "Can't you call him?" Her response, (and this floored me), was "It's his job to call me. It's not my job to call him." She circled the name of another specialist on the test's letter head. "You need to call this person. Not me. I'm not trained for that." She then instructed me to get up on the table so she could check my lungs. So 1. Had no knowledge of why I was there, despite that her entire staff did. 2. Didn't care that she never received my test results or medical release. 3. Had no intention of following up with my specialist. I cam straight home and switched PCPs. Her staff should be getting the forms any day now. Not that she'll care.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I do not agree with the reviews below. I have been going to her after my neighbor recommended her name to me. She has been patient, smart and very knowledgable. She has helped me in controlling my diabetes and loose my weight. She calls me when I ask for her always. She does not prescribe medications for no reason. She helped my neighbor get off her hormonal therapy that Dr Sheldon was giving her for years. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Abrupt and rude. Changed a perscription I have been on for years without ever calling me or talking to me. It's an anxiety med so now I am having severe anxiety over it and have not slept well. Will be calling ASAP and complaining. Who switches a script without talking to the patient? I take it for anxiety and now have more anxiety due to the fact that I don't have the correct amount off meds!! Unbelievable!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I too was sent to Dr. Gard after my doctor retired. I waited in the lobby for 40 min. while she was walking around. Then waited in the exam room for another 30 min. I was the first appointment of the day so it was not patient back up. Since I had never seen her before I was going over things of importance. It was for my annual physical so figure since she did not know me she needed an update. 15 min into this all she did was type on her computer. No eye contact or questions. She interrupted me and said this was more of a sick visit and I would have to come back for a physical. After blood work and other test, I set up an appointment to go over with Dr. Gard. 2 times the appointment was cancelled and I finally saw the Nurse practitioner. She was the best. I was also upset as I tried to revert to Dr. Cohen who was my original doctor in this practice and was told I could not go back to him as he was not taking new patients. I do not consider I am a new patient as I was one of his first when he came to Nashua. They were very rude regard switching back to him. So I am look for a new doctor. I don’t even want to go to this office any more after 18 years.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

It was a bad experience. She made very abrupt assessments. The only probing questions she asked was when she didn't seem to believe that I was not on chronic medications and still healthy. Perhaps she would have been better if I had gone in for something she could try to fix. My daughter went to her once as well and had a similarly bad experience. St Joseph Hospital Internal Medicine in Nashua should send her to some more classes to learn interpersonal skills

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I totally agree with the review from April 16 2015. Dr. Garg is the worst there is. Has no concern for patient problems. Does not listen. Has no knowledge of some popular prescriptions that fix crucial health problems. Refuses important lab tests to confirm or exclude problems that cause health symptoms. It is very unfortunate for a nice facility such as SJ Internal to home such a subpar doctor. What a shame!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

We met Dr Garg after she was recommended to us by one of our friends. She is very passionate about what she does. We feel very fortunate to find her after my previous doctor retired. She is always willing to hold my hand when I am feeling down. Also she doesn't push medications like some other doctors do. We just love her !!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. Garg was the most combative, condescending and negative person. I was shocked and appalled by her behavior. My original doctor retired so and it was my first visit with Dr. Meenakshi Garg and immediately her attitude was abrupt and defensive when asked questions or responding to her questions . Doctor/patient care relationships are not something to be taken lightly and feeling comfortable and heard is key. I was so jarred by the experience I made a complaint and plan to document the incident. I consider myself a pretty reasonable person and would not normally complain but her manner was so rude I feel it warranted. I find it no coincidence that just the day prior I went to my Orthopedic doctor and when I checked in to the front desk I told her that my current provider was Dr. Meenakshi Garg but that I may change she mentioned "we are getting that a lot". I asked what she meant and she said since the retiring of my previous provider those patients who were defaulted to Dr. Garg are "not happy with her and many are changing to another doctor". Todays experience just confirmed why. Obviously it is not just me! Do yourself a favor and choose another provider if you are a patient at St. Josephs Hospital and visit SJ Internal Medicine location: 17 Riverside St # 202, Nashua, NH 03062.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Very patient and personable. Very thorough with me and answered all my questions. She is the kind of a doctor who works with you rather than dictating her terms to you. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014