Ratings for Dr. Ilya Zavelsky

He is a great dr --who makes us feel confident and comfortable! available appointments same day! we never feel rushed and great personality with office staff!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

He has been my kids doctor now for some time. We are always treated with care and like family. His staff is quick and they get things done. My only complaint would be that it is strange when we have his wife as the doctor instead of him sometimes.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

My daughter has a condition in which her platelet levels drop low. We can always tell when her levels are low due to excessive bruising all over her body and her lack of appetitte. We called today to ask fo a lab slip for a CBC so we can figure out if we need to take her to VCU in Richmond for additional treatment. 30 minutes before they close his staff calls to let us knowthe slip is ready. He wrote the lab slip but did not mark STAT on it. He said he didnt feel it was an emergency, without seeing or evaluating her. I explained that her bruising is bad right now and new bruses are showing up in the afternoon thst were not there in the morning. I also pointed out to him that she is not his child and he is not the one who has to care for her and worry about her health every single moment. He took an attitude with me and said "I disagree with you, but its not woth it to argue." He marked STAT and we had to rush to Mary Washington to get the blood drawn before they closed. The nurses at the lab had said that they are required to tell us the results will be ready in 2 hours, but it should be just about 30 minutes. It is now 6 hours later and the Doctor hasn't called. We have no idea what her levels are and its all because he wants to be petty and exert his control over us. Our fear, worry and anxiety mean nothing to him. His pride is worth more to him than a 2 minute phone call. Again, unless you have a child with normal health concerns, do not take them here. He takes the care out of health care.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I tried to contact this office but whoever answer the phone was so rude, she did not even hear what I want to ask and she hung up the phone!!! What type of service is it?

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Zavelsky is great with both of my kids!! He takes his time and explains everything if we have any questions or concerns!!! GREAT DR!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Dr. Zavelsky is a wonderful physician! My daughter loves him and I feel he is extremely attentive to all of my family needs. Thank you, Dr. Zavelsky for caring for our health.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Z was very professional and attentive to me and my child. Good looking too. We liked him.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Ilya Zavelsky's Credentials

• Azerbaijan State Med Inst, Baku, Azerbaijan (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in King George, VA