Ratings for Dr. Jason M. Gilbert

This is my second eye exam with Dr. Gilbert and it took about a minute. He just checked each eye for a few seconds with the slit lamp after the assistant placed yellow drops in my eye. It's not as comprehensive and in-depth of an eye exam as I had in Boston when I used to live there. In the first eye exam at this office a few years ago, I was asked to wear my old glasses for my vision test. I realized I was starting to get a headache with my old prescription so I thought this second time I would not wear my glasses and get a new prescription. The assistant noted that that there was a change in my prescription. Afterwards, Dr. Gilbert tried to make me wear my old glasses again even though I told him they were broken. I didn't. He got his optician to fix the nosepieces on my old glasses but the prescription was old anyway. Why would I wear my old glasses if my eyes are in need of a new prescription? He didn't explain. I'm not going to this office anymore. The waiting room: There's a missing ceiling tile that exposes fiberglass insulation. It looks like the ceiling was leaking because there's a big stain on the carpet underneath. There's also a vent on the ceiling near the insulation. The waiting room smells moldy. It has smelled like this for at least a year.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. He's not my usual eye doctor, but I came in because I had pain and vision problems, and needed to see a specialist. He started the exam and when I was unable to move my eyes in all of the ways he wanted, he started berating me in a way that can only be described as how a middle school football coach yells at his players. He then exclaimed, "I don't have time for this" and left the room. I overheard him tell the nurse to anesthetize me. When she let him know that I hadn't signed the consent form, he said "I don't care, do it anyway." (She didn't. Unlike him, she was kind, helpful, and professional.) I have other problems with my eyes, so I am no stranger to eye exams, and I can confidently say that this was the worst experience I have ever had with a medical professional. I don't expect everyone to always be perfectly kind and friendly, but when you're in pain and need help with a medical problem, you should expect some modicum of support or even a hint of professionalism. Dr. Gilbert is not the sort of man I would want to interact with on my best days, and is certainly not the sort of man I would want to interact with when I am sick and in pain. No worries, though. I never plan to interact with him again.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I am not sure why these other reviews are so negative. I received top notch care and am happy to have found a great opthomology practice. I think one person may have a chip on their shoulder to write such negative things. The staff were very friendly and the doctor was wonderful as well.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

As a healthcare professional myself, I was appalled by Dr Gilbert's overall brusque and impatient manner. I found him lacking in empathy or caring and ultimately left before my exam was completed. This is not a physician I want caring for me!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Techs are pleasant. Doctor is skillful as a surgeon but tends to be impatient and condescending when explaining procedure and followup.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

This was a nightmare experience. I sat there for over 40 min and no one seemed to want to do their job. They seemed put out that they had patients. They were rude. It took over 2 hrs for a simple eye exam. I don't even trust their results and went to another doctor. Don't put yourself through this nightmare by going there.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

My recent visit to Dr. Gilbert was (by far) the most unpleasant eye exam I have ever had. The entire experience was inexcusable. His staff was unfriendly and the bedside manners of the doctors assistant and Dr. Gilbert were deplorable! I would strongly DISCOURAGE anyone from using Dr. Gilbert in the future. I am truly in shock that I was treated so poorly!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr. Jason M. Gilbert's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)