Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Montalbano

After surgery told my husband and I that I had 'shredded tissue '. Turns out that it was scar tissue from previous years surgery-- sad when a surgeon can't tell the difference between the two and makes a patient and their husband afraid that she is turning to jelly when it's really just scar tissue!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I had Dr Montalbano perform an ACDF surgery on me. He also treats my degenerative facet joints in my neck/lower back. He is to the point and very respectful and kind. He listens and answers all my questions at each visit. He doesn't just jump into surgery, he tries all the non-surgical options first. His staff is friendly. Preston (front office) is to the point, very efficient, and respectful. He solves any problems/issues very quickly. Preston also returns phone calls right away. I highly recommend Dr Montalbano!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

There isn't a better neurosurgeon anywhere! I have trusted him with my life and he has my full faith and confidence. I don't have blind trust for any doctor but I believe that this doctor has a God-given gift to whom I'm thankful. Jerry C.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

This so called doctor is the worst one I have EVER been to. He spends about 2 minutes with you, very blunt, explains nothing. Then he charges over $200 for a office call! All he wants to do is operate!! On your spine no less! I told him after going there 3 times for him to explain to me what was wrong. I came out of there every time knowing no more than I did before!! I called the office and cancelled the surgery. His staff is awful too. They all have the same personality!!! All he wants is money! He cares nothing about your health. My question would be.. how is he allowed to have a license to carve on people???? Thank god for gut feelings that I cancelled. He is absolutely the WORST!!!! A vet would be better. He does not even deserve 1 star.

Submitted February 3, 2017

Worst Doctor I have ever seen..... He is in the pockets of big insurance company's. He works for workers comp, so if injured on the job do not see him I repeat do not see him. He has been ran out of most hospitals in the Treasure Valley so he has to make his money off of the insurance company's. He accused one of his partners of malpractice. He accused Thomas Manning of this to be exact. Where if he would have listened to what I told him he would have realized he had it all wrong not Dr. Manning, but he was to focused on what he needed to say for the insurance company. With that being said I would watch Dr.Manning as well, I thought he was a stand up Doctor being he is a ex Navy Seal but found out he sold me out to workers comp in the end as well. It would be hard for me to trust any Doctor in the Treasure Valley now. I can say Dr. Frizzell could 've trusted but I believe he's retired now and also Dr. Manos other then thim two run like from the rest of thim especially if you where hurt on the job.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Montalbano has lost his privileges to St. Als in 2010 after a long history of bad behavior according to an Idaho Supreme Court Case and the court concurred that Dr. Montalbano was out of line in the treatment of a patient. As for my own problems, I had a neck fusion. After 10 days I woke up with 104 degree fever. Any doctor worth anything would have concluded infection especially since I was red and swollen. But no! They sent me home with the flu. Two days later my incision burst open with puss running down to the floor. I had a severe staph infection and Dr. Montalbano was mad at me and treated me even more badly than he had before the surgery and he kept me in pain for 3 days in the hospital. I was on IV antibiotics for months afterwards for a severe staph infection. And he had the audacity of refusing to sign disability insurance paperwork for me and refused to see me. There was no doubt that I was disabled by both surgeries and his actions and that's how he treated me. When I ordered my medical record a few months later I found it had been scrubbed of any mention of the fever. If they had done what they were supposed to do a Culture could have been done to find out what kind of staph infection I had and they could have started filling me full of the correct antibiotics immediately but because they didn't the infection grew another two days before they could get a culture back from the lab. Two painful days and this guy could have cared less and just left me on a gurney in the surgery pre admission room in so much pain. I cannot say enough about this guy to say I do not believe these good reviews. Either that or you are all people the heal to Dr. Montalbano's liking but if you are a difficult case, he's angered by you.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

I was sent to Dr. Montalbono for an Independent Medical Examination (IME) and was seen for approximately 5 minutes on my first visit where new MRI's were ordered. Following the MRI's Dr. Montalbano refuted the information in the report and stated that I only had arthritis so I should go back to work. Dr. William Berringer of the Spine Institute had recommended a 2 level artificial disc replacement. My follow-up appointment was referred to as a Disability Examination where Dr. Montalbono spent approximately 10 minutes with me and was paid $2400 by the insurance company to state that no further treatment should be provided. Because of Dr. Montalbono my insurance was stopped and that ended payments for pain management, my medications which led to severe withdrawals requiring treatment which I could not afford, physical therapy, and denial for the surgery recommended by Dr. Berringer. My case is still pending with the Idaho Industrial Commission. Dr. Montalbono ruins peoples lives for money and should be imprisoned.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Personally not the right doctor for me. Arrogant. Uncaring. Made mistakes and never took responsibility. Awful bedside manner. Did not listen. Another doctor had to fix his mistakes. Terrible med management.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I find Dr. Montalbano to be a skilled, competent neurosurgeon. Straight forward and professional and I did not hesitate to recommend him to my friend.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Do not, I repeat do not see Dr. Montalbano!!! He lies and diagnoses your issue according to what workers comp wants him to say. He DOES NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART! He is one of the worst surgeons in the Treasure Valley. I would highly recommend Dr. Manos with the Spine Institute - He will property and honestly diagnose your problem whether it is a work injury or other. Dr. Montalbano should be banned from practicing medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Paul J. Montalbano's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1993)

• Anthem Blue Cross
Eyemed Vision Care
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)