Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Montalbano

Horrible doctor. You do not want your care in his hands. He will lie to the insurance compnies and consistently commits fraud. Some of the bills were laughable at best. Billing them for an hour of time when he didn't spend more than 3 minutes in follow ups. I am in worse pain and my treatment is worse because of this doctor. I sincerely regret going to him.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

False reports from post surgical visits and pushed pills, upon pill refusal another false report. Wait time is horrible, especially after only seeing the doc for a few minutes and leaving with more questions than answers.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr. Montalbano & his staff are outstanding. I went 3 years with chronic pain & limping from a failed fusion with a different doc. He is direct, kind, honest, & highly skilled, which is a quality I value in a physician. I am very grateful for finding him when I did. My experience has been very positive with everyone involved in my care. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Between the staff and the doctor, I'd say incompetence is the best word to describe them. This is a classic Insurance Scam Doctor. He will bill insurance for as many visits possible without actually doing anything. No one could tell me why I kept getting scheduled for follow ups that were meaningless. I wouldn't trust this doctor to operate or even treat me or my family ever again.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Excellent surgeon with great support staff. He definitely knows his business. He explained and helped me through the process. He even made me feel comfortable when I was scared before surgery. After the surgery his MA was easily accessible and always on top of everything. She definitely went above and beyond. Even his guy at the front was exceptional. Thank you to the whole office. Highly recommended. Stephanie O.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

After surgery told my husband and I that I had 'shredded tissue '. Turns out that it was scar tissue from previous years surgery-- sad when a surgeon can't tell the difference between the two and makes a patient and their husband afraid that she is turning to jelly when it's really just scar tissue!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I had Dr Montalbano perform an ACDF surgery on me. He also treats my degenerative facet joints in my neck/lower back. He is to the point and very respectful and kind. He listens and answers all my questions at each visit. He doesn't just jump into surgery, he tries all the non-surgical options first. His staff is friendly. Preston (front office) is to the point, very efficient, and respectful. He solves any problems/issues very quickly. Preston also returns phone calls right away. I highly recommend Dr Montalbano!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

There isn't a better neurosurgeon anywhere! I have trusted him with my life and he has my full faith and confidence. I don't have blind trust for any doctor but I believe that this doctor has a God-given gift to whom I'm thankful. Jerry C.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

This so called doctor is the worst one I have EVER been to. He spends about 2 minutes with you, very blunt, explains nothing. Then he charges over $200 for a office call! All he wants to do is operate!! On your spine no less! I told him after going there 3 times for him to explain to me what was wrong. I came out of there every time knowing no more than I did before!! I called the office and cancelled the surgery. His staff is awful too. They all have the same personality!!! All he wants is money! He cares nothing about your health. My question would be.. how is he allowed to have a license to carve on people???? Thank god for gut feelings that I cancelled. He is absolutely the WORST!!!! A vet would be better. He does not even deserve 1 star.

Submitted February 3, 2017

Worst Doctor I have ever seen..... He is in the pockets of big insurance company's. He works for workers comp, so if injured on the job do not see him I repeat do not see him. He has been ran out of most hospitals in the Treasure Valley so he has to make his money off of the insurance company's. He accused one of his partners of malpractice. He accused Thomas Manning of this to be exact. Where if he would have listened to what I told him he would have realized he had it all wrong not Dr. Manning, but he was to focused on what he needed to say for the insurance company. With that being said I would watch Dr.Manning as well, I thought he was a stand up Doctor being he is a ex Navy Seal but found out he sold me out to workers comp in the end as well. It would be hard for me to trust any Doctor in the Treasure Valley now. I can say Dr. Frizzell could 've trusted but I believe he's retired now and also Dr. Manos other then thim two run like from the rest of thim especially if you where hurt on the job.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Paul J. Montalbano's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1993)

GHI