Ratings for Dr. Louis J. Ciliberti

Could not of asked for a better Doctor! Went in for a reinjury of ankle & surgery was scheduled within a few days. Dr. Ciliberti is very personable & helped keep me calm before surgery. Kinda sad that after my next appointment I'll be discharged! Wish all doctors could be as helpful & nice as him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I broke my ankle in 3 places and went to the ER. They sent me to Premier Orthopaedics and Dr. Ciliberti squeezed me in the next day. I had surgery soon after and he could not have been more accommodating. He always spent time with me, explained every step of the surgical and recovery process and answered any and all questions from me and my husband. His staff was always courteous, kind and helpful. My ankle healed quickly and I am able to do everything I did before. Dr. Ciliberti is a great surgeon and has a caring bedside manner. I really can't say enough good things about him and his staff. I also went next door to Premier for physical therapy and they were just as great and so convenient. I felt very well taken care of by Dr. Ciliberti and the Premier staff.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I fell off a ladder. My ankle was shattered to the point where I might lose the foot. First, he caught my compartment syndrome which could have destroyed the foot if missed. Then, he did two surgeries to reconstruct my leg and ankle. For one surgery, he pushed back his vacation by a day to devote the day to my ankle. He was sitting by my bed when I woke up. He refused to leave until he knew for sure that I would be ok. On another occasion, I was admitted to the hospital with a virus. The attending was surprised that he personally called her that night for an update. Every step of the way, he was there. Sure, he is busy. Most brilliant surgeons are. However, he was always in the moment with me, and he always took time to speak with my wife and me. Additionally, he was always direct and honest with me which I appreciated. I also cannot say enough good things about his staff. His nurses are great, and they tell me that he treats them just like a patient. Finally, I am doing physical therapy at Premier which works out great being in the same practice. My PT is able to directly communicate with him. I am still on crutches, but I am getting stronger every week. I couldn't imagine being on this journey with a different doctor. I use United Health for insurance. I never had an issue of any kind.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Dr. Ciliberti lacks patience, my appointment was spent with mostly with his staff and I saw him for 30-40 seconds each visit. He misdiagnosed my fracture and tried to explain I must have done something after releasing me three months prior to that telling me I was completely healed.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

An amazing surgeon - Earlier in 2015 I was in a bad car accident and was hospitalized with severe trauma including 2 badly broken legs, a badly broken arm, 3-4 broken ribs, and bruised heart that later required heart surgery. My left leg was shattered in 10-12 pieces down low near my ankle. It was the second time it was shattered so it still had metal in it from the previous surgery 15 or so years prior. The severe trauma to the lower left leg required the metal from my previous injury be removed from the broken pieces of bone. Dr. Louis Ciliberti performed the surgery and saw that Compartment Syndrome was present and performed fasciotomy surgery in 3 different places in order to help save the leg. Removing the metal from the broken bones and putting the bones back together with new plates was a complicated procedure and took quite a bit of time. The outcome of the surgery could easily have gone in a bad direction. However, it didn't. The recovery process has been long and at times difficult and very painful, but I am happy to say that I still have my leg. I can walk, ride my bicycle, motorcycle, and drive a car with a manual transmission with little to no problems. My leg continues to get better every day and I expect that I will also be riding my mountain bike and motocross bike (motorcycle) very soon. Not only is Dr. Ciliberti an amazing surgeon who saved my leg, he also is a very caring and concerned doctor. He spends time communicating with me AND my family members. He makes sure everyone is apprised on how things are going and what the prognosis is for the future. After my accident he spent a lot of time with my family explaining my condition and the options for surgery. He also listened to all their concerns and answered all of their questions. At that time this was an incredible help to them. This has continued through my recovery. I highly recommend doctor Ciliberti, especially if you have a severe injury and need the best care. There is no doubt that you can trust him and his work.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Its all about the money !!! If you don't have it or have financial difficulty , your out in the street. !! Outrageous fees for medical equipment. Walking boot 655.00 !!Does not return calls promptly

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Both my husband and I were very pleased with the medical and personal treatment I received during my bunionectomy procedure and recovery from Dr. Ciliberti. Additionally, one of his staff confided that he treats them the same as he treats his patients: with respect and care. He is the best in every dimension that I would hope from in a doctor!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I recently elected to have Dr. Ciliberti perform a bunionectomy on my right foot. I had been in pain for almost a year before deciding to go ahead with the surgery. This is a typically painful procedure but I was able to recover quickly and without any complications. Throughout the process Dr. Ciliberti took the time to answer all of my questions and reassured me when I was nervous. I would highly recommend Dr. Ciliberti.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Ciliberti performed a ligament reconstruction on my ankle, and within 9 months I was able to complete my second Iron Man in Lake Placid. I would highly recommend Dr. Ciliberti.. An Iron Man consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile, followed by a 26.2 mile run.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

The best patient - doctor experience I have ever had. Would recommend Dr. Ciliberti 100%!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Louis J. Ciliberti's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2008)