You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Louis J. Ciliberti

I fell off a ladder. My ankle was shattered to the point where I might lose the foot. First, he caught my compartment syndrome which could have destroyed the foot if missed. Then, he did two surgeries to reconstruct my leg and ankle. For one surgery, he pushed back his vacation by a day to devote the day to my ankle. He was sitting by my bed when I woke up. He refused to leave until he knew for sure that I would be ok. On another occasion, I was admitted to the hospital with a virus. The attending was surprised that he personally called her that night for an update. Every step of the way, he was there. Sure, he is busy. Most brilliant surgeons are. However, he was always in the moment with me, and he always took time to speak with my wife and me. Additionally, he was always direct and honest with me which I appreciated. I also cannot say enough good things about his staff. His nurses are great, and they tell me that he treats them just like a patient. Finally, I am doing physical therapy at Premier which works out great being in the same practice. My PT is able to directly communicate with him. I am still on crutches, but I am getting stronger every week. I couldn't imagine being on this journey with a different doctor. I use United Health for insurance. I never had an issue of any kind.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Dr. Ciliberti lacks patience, my appointment was spent with mostly with his staff and I saw him for 30-40 seconds each visit. He misdiagnosed my fracture and tried to explain I must have done something after releasing me three months prior to that telling me I was completely healed.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

An amazing surgeon - Earlier in 2015 I was in a bad car accident and was hospitalized with severe trauma including 2 badly broken legs, a badly broken arm, 3-4 broken ribs, and bruised heart that later required heart surgery. My left leg was shattered in 10-12 pieces down low near my ankle. It was the second time it was shattered so it still had metal in it from the previous surgery 15 or so years prior. The severe trauma to the lower left leg required the metal from my previous injury be removed from the broken pieces of bone. Dr. Louis Ciliberti performed the surgery and saw that Compartment Syndrome was present and performed fasciotomy surgery in 3 different places in order to help save the leg. Removing the metal from the broken bones and putting the bones back together with new plates was a complicated procedure and took quite a bit of time. The outcome of the surgery could easily have gone in a bad direction. However, it didn't. The recovery process has been long and at times difficult and very painful, but I am happy to say that I still have my leg. I can walk, ride my bicycle, motorcycle, and drive a car with a manual transmission with little to no problems. My leg continues to get better every day and I expect that I will also be riding my mountain bike and motocross bike (motorcycle) very soon. Not only is Dr. Ciliberti an amazing surgeon who saved my leg, he also is a very caring and concerned doctor. He spends time communicating with me AND my family members. He makes sure everyone is apprised on how things are going and what the prognosis is for the future. After my accident he spent a lot of time with my family explaining my condition and the options for surgery. He also listened to all their concerns and answered all of their questions. At that time this was an incredible help to them. This has continued through my recovery. I highly recommend doctor Ciliberti, especially if you have a severe injury and need the best care. There is no doubt that you can trust him and his work.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Its all about the money !!! If you don't have it or have financial difficulty , your out in the street. !! Outrageous fees for medical equipment. Walking boot 655.00 !!Does not return calls promptly

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Both my husband and I were very pleased with the medical and personal treatment I received during my bunionectomy procedure and recovery from Dr. Ciliberti. Additionally, one of his staff confided that he treats them the same as he treats his patients: with respect and care. He is the best in every dimension that I would hope from in a doctor!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I recently elected to have Dr. Ciliberti perform a bunionectomy on my right foot. I had been in pain for almost a year before deciding to go ahead with the surgery. This is a typically painful procedure but I was able to recover quickly and without any complications. Throughout the process Dr. Ciliberti took the time to answer all of my questions and reassured me when I was nervous. I would highly recommend Dr. Ciliberti.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Ciliberti performed a ligament reconstruction on my ankle, and within 9 months I was able to complete my second Iron Man in Lake Placid. I would highly recommend Dr. Ciliberti.. An Iron Man consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile, followed by a 26.2 mile run.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

In one day I went from the ER where I was diagnosed with a tri-mal break to the office of Penn. Orthopedic Center. When the office staff said that I was fortunate to have an outstanding ankle surgeon available that day, I did not fully understand the significance of their words. And then I met Dr. Louis Ciliberti. Dr. Ciliberti is an extremely caring surgeon who took the time to explain my situation in detail outlining the surgery that needed to be done and the length of the recovery process. I was frustrated, scared, & in a lot of pain, but he reassured me before surgery, after surgery, and in all the followup appointments thereafter. When some concerns arose, he referred me immediately to a wound specialist. Again, my well being was his major concern. I am a walking advertisement for this gentlemen and have nothing but praise for this professional, empathetic surgeon...and his staff, too!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Ciliberti is great! I totally blew out my Achilles tendon and was referred to Dr. Ciliberti by the ER doctor. I had asked several of my friends in the medical hardware business and not many of them knew him as he had worked in Texas previously. Many even referred me to other doctors. However, after having met Dr. Ciliberti and consulting him on the injury, I felt he was the surgeon to go with. I am really glad I made that decision. On the day of surgery, he and his staff were caring and professional. He walked me through each part of the process and allowed me to navigate what can be a fairly stressful event. His bedside manner is reassuring and professional. When the procedure was finished he let me know he had gone as far as using a stem cell graft on my tendon, which is progressive and used on high profile athletes, which I am not. He isn't just a five star surgeon, he gives five star treatment from consult to follow up. No matter who you are, when you work with Dr. Ciliberti you get the sense you are high profile to him. I have had several surgeries and my experience with Dr. Ciliberti was second to none.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Louis J. Ciliberti's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2008)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I fell off a ladder. My ankle was shattered to the point where I might lose the foot. First, he caught my compartment syndrome which could have destroyed the..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ciliberti lacks patience, my appointment was spent with mostly with his staff and I saw him for 30-40 seconds each visit. He misdiagnosed my fracture and t..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An amazing surgeon - Earlier in 2015 I was in a bad car accident and was hospitalized with severe trauma including 2 badly broken legs, a badly broken arm, 3-4 ..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Its all about the money !!! If you don't have it or have financial difficulty , your out in the street. !! Outrageous fees for medical equipment. Walking boot 6..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Both my husband and I were very pleased with the medical and personal treatment I received during my bunionectomy procedure and recovery from Dr. Ciliberti. Add..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I recently elected to have Dr. Ciliberti perform a bunionectomy on my right foot. I had been in pain for almost a year before deciding to go ahead with the sur..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ciliberti performed a ligament reconstruction on my ankle, and within 9 months I was able to complete my second Iron Man in Lake Placid. I would highly reco..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best patient - doctor experience I have ever had. Would recommend Dr. Ciliberti 100%!! "

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In one day I went from the ER where I was diagnosed with a tri-mal break to the office of Penn. Orthopedic Center. When the office staff said that I was fort..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ciliberti is great! I totally blew out my Achilles tendon and was referred to Dr. Ciliberti by the ER doctor. I had asked several of my friends in the medi..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Ciliberti is the BEST! Within 1 month of moving to this area I fell while jogging and broke my ankle in 2 places. Called the office and was seen immedi..."

October 18, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

January 21, 2014
  • First Name changed from "LOUIS" to "LOUIS J."

October 21, 2013
  • City changed from "MALVERN" to "Exton", Practice changed from "RUGGIERO ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATES" to "Louis J. Ciliberti Jr, DPM"

July 11, 2012