Ratings for Dr. Andy Rosenfarb

Former President of N.J. Assoc. of Acupuncturists Hit with $10,000 Fine in Insurance Scam September 20, 2004 / By New Jersey Attorney General Peter Harvey announced that the former President of the New Jersey Association of Acupuncturists and a Union County resident has been assessed a $10,000 civil penalty after pleading guilty to over billing insurance companies for patient services that were never provided. According to Vaughn McKoy, director, Division of Criminal Justice and Insurance Fraud Prosecutor Greta Gooden-Brown, Andrew Rosenfarb, 32, of Westfield, Union County, was ordered by Union County Superior Court Judge John Malone to pay a $10,000 civil insurance fraud fine pursuant to the Insurance Fraud Prevention Act. Additionally, Rosenfarb was sentenced to three years probation and ordered to pay $1,530 in restitution to the State Farm Insurance Company. Rosenfarb’s professional license was suspended for one year as a result of the guilty plea. Gooden Brown said that Rosenfarb pleaded guilty on June 16 to a criminal Accusation which charged him with Health Care Claims Fraud. In pleading guilty before Union County Superior Court Judge Walter Barisonek, Rosenfarb reportedly admitted that between Dec. 12, 2000 and Nov. 30, 2001, to submitting Personal Injury Protection (PIP) health insurance claims for several patients seeking payments for acupuncture services purportedly rendered to the patients on more than two dozen occasions. The investigation by the Division of Criminal Justice – Office of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor determined that Rosenfarb provided no acupuncture services on the dates in which he claimed services had been provided. The fraudulent claims were submitted to the Encompass Insurance Company and to the State Farm Insurance Company.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Unprofessional and all about turning and churning patients so that he can bill more. Save your money and do not make the mistake of going to see him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

I received treatment from Dr. Rosenfarb for glaucoma. I didn't get any results from this treatment. My eyes condition did not improved. My sessions seemed like they were shortened just to get the next person on the table. He was not truthful with me about the result of his treatment. If you have glaucoma DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY! You will receive nothing. It doesn't work for glaucoma treatment and it expensive.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Dr. Andy has been very helpful to me for about 3 years. I have a Retinal eye issue and was told by a genetic ocular Doctor that there was nothing I can do for my eye problems. Meet with dr. Andy and my eyes have improved and been stable. He's always on top of different retinal issues for his patients and will keep you posted. His staff is so kind and helpful and I'm just very pleased to have him as my acupuncturist.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. Rosenfarb is extremely knowedgeable and skilled doctorl Any questions I asked, he took the time to listen and answer. He has an amzing bed side manor and made me feel very comfortable. I have been seeing Dr. Rosenfab for eight years for my degnerative eye condition and had tremendous benefits. If he sees that treatment isn't helping and there is no response, he doesn't charge. He's honest, and cares deeply about his patients. I am so blessed to have found him!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Andy Rosenfarb for PMS and SAD for many many years. i have never left his office unsatisfied. I have been treated by other accupuncturists in the past, but Dr. Andy is a true healer. Highly recommend.. he saves me every winter.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rosenfarb for quite some time now. He helped me so much with my Type 2 diabetes. I feel so much better, more energy and a better outlook on life itself thanks to him. The staff there is so pleasant and always willing to help in any way they can to get you in at the times you are looking for. Good work Dr. Rosenfarb!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Went to see Dr. Rosenfarb due to a retinal disease. He made many promises to me over the phone about the efficacy of his treatment. He seems very confident that his 2 week acupuncture program would yield positive results. This dr and others who say they can help patients with different diseases through their acupuncture program are a scam! I paid whatever I had left of my savings to see this dr. I left the program with no change whatsoever! He tries to convince all of us desperate patients that our vision improved on his charts even though we saw no improvement. He runs a very busy office.. Us patients with eye diseases are very desperate for a cure and fall for these kinds of scams. I talked to many of the other patients while I was there and none stated any significant improvement, unlike his "testimonials". He pushes a lot of supplements on you. It is very hard to get a straight answer from him once at his office! He runs in and out of the rooms and doesn't spend any time with you!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013