Ratings for Dr. Maria E. Sophocles

Dr S treats patients with all the attention, empathy and caring manner that we all desire in an MD. Has all the qualities of the "family doctor" of the past in that she gets to know her patients and all their needs and will extend herself beyond expectations to address medical needs. She is also an excellent doctor for treating a spectrum of needs including any post op transwomen.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Have seen Dr. Sophocles for a rare condition. Was treated with the Mona Lisa Touch and it has worked miracles for me. The condition is known as Lichen Sclerosis. I went for 8 years untreated since I could not find anyone to treat me. I've now had three treatments and it's like I'm a different person. This is a very new procedure so time will tell how long it lasts but I am very pleased with the results and the doctor is also. Her entire office is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Sophocles treats me like an old time friend or peer rather than a patient/doctor relationship. She is very friendly and helpful, listens and answers all your questions. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone looking for quality care and a very friendly staff. If there is anyone who has Lichen Sclerosis this is the place to go to seek treatment. At long last I've found help and I am so grateful to Dr. Sophocles.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

This is one of the worst offices I have ever been in. I am an office manager and was appalled at the way this office ran. Not a very big office but very rude. I watched while one woman was answering the office phone and the other was looking at her cell phone. It seems to me there is no manager available. I've waited for over 1 hr to find out that the dr left to get her lunch! Never again will I go back & since I work for a PCP I will let the doctors know how this office is ran!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Almost impossible to connect with the doctor or get any help from staff for follow up questions. Does not read case notes prior to seeing patient. All calls are answered with 'Please Hold'.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

This office works like an excellent team which trying to help and give the patient the best care. Dr Sophocles is wonderful. she is giving enough time to listen and explain. I highly recommend her for my close friends.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I am very greatful to Dr. Sophocles for her knowledege and emphaty. She listens to the patient, spends time to really understand the issue and/or the results that the patient wants to achieve. Prior to going to her office I had a bad experience (malpratice) with anther gynecologist in Princeton, so metaphorically speaking, Dr. Sophocles has been like a "breath of fresh air". In additon, her office staff is friendly , courteous and accomodating.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I am delighted to have found Dr. Sophocles after my OB/GYN retired. I am a relatively healthy GYN patient and she still takes the time to explain what and why she is doing something. She is an active listener, ensuring she understands my questions, and then answers them to my full satisfaction. The waiting time (for me always less than 30 minutes) is worth it because she spends as much time with me as I need and I never feel rushed. Her clinical staff is efficient and helpful; the office staff keeps you informed if there is any delay and seems knowledgeable about the requirements of my insurance plan. I definitely recommend Dr. Sophocles to anyone looking for an intelligent, energetic, compassionate OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr Sophocles is the gyn doctor that I can trust for myself, my daughter and close friends. She and the other staff in the office work as a team. She spends enough time with every patient. I really recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Dr. Sophocles' "bedside manner" is a bit frantic and scattered. This is also reflected in the way her office is managed. As another reviewer noted, this practice is extremely busy. Be prepared to wait, encounter rude and incompetent reception/scheduling, and awkward moments with her intake nurse. Renata Estes, however, is the nurse practitioner in the office and is attentive, caring and competent. If your gyn needs can be addressed by a nurse practitioner, see Renata. Otherwise, I recommend finding a different doctor.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

perhaps the worst staff I have ever encountered in a physician's office. stupid and mean is never a good combination. dr. Sophocles is an adequate physician. her staff is both rude and incompetent. they are hurting what could be a decent practice

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

Dr. Maria E. Sophocles's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1991)

AARP