Ratings for Dr. Maria E. Sophocles

She is Always late. She is Always rushed. She tells you other people are more important than you and leaves quick.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Long wait time..... All about her...way too scattered as you are spending a small fortune

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Great doctors at this practice. Too bad Joy at the front desk is so rude and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Sophocles is worth waiting for. She is on the cutting edge of women's health issues. She helped me tremendously with my menopausal symptoms. She is a godsend!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Rushed even though I waited 1/2-1 hr for HER. Then during exam she was more interested in talking about the new services she offers (for $ of course) then concentrating on what she was doing right then AND who can listen during the exam anyway to something serious. She should just make pleasant small talk during the exam. I am tired of her rushing through the appointment to talk about her s-x therapy that she and her fellow Drs offer and the procedure that cost a lot of $ to stop dryness from aging which I didn't even want to talk about. I have had enough of her over the years now.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr S treats patients with all the attention, empathy and caring manner that we all desire in an MD. Has all the qualities of the "family doctor" of the past in that she gets to know her patients and all their needs and will extend herself beyond expectations to address medical needs. She is also an excellent doctor for treating a spectrum of needs including any post op transwomen.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Have seen Dr. Sophocles for a rare condition. Was treated with the Mona Lisa Touch and it has worked miracles for me. The condition is known as Lichen Sclerosis. I went for 8 years untreated since I could not find anyone to treat me. I've now had three treatments and it's like I'm a different person. This is a very new procedure so time will tell how long it lasts but I am very pleased with the results and the doctor is also. Her entire office is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Sophocles treats me like an old time friend or peer rather than a patient/doctor relationship. She is very friendly and helpful, listens and answers all your questions. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone looking for quality care and a very friendly staff. If there is anyone who has Lichen Sclerosis this is the place to go to seek treatment. At long last I've found help and I am so grateful to Dr. Sophocles.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

This is one of the worst offices I have ever been in. I am an office manager and was appalled at the way this office ran. Not a very big office but very rude. I watched while one woman was answering the office phone and the other was looking at her cell phone. It seems to me there is no manager available. I've waited for over 1 hr to find out that the dr left to get her lunch! Never again will I go back & since I work for a PCP I will let the doctors know how this office is ran!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Almost impossible to connect with the doctor or get any help from staff for follow up questions. Does not read case notes prior to seeing patient. All calls are answered with 'Please Hold'.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

This office works like an excellent team which trying to help and give the patient the best care. Dr Sophocles is wonderful. she is giving enough time to listen and explain. I highly recommend her for my close friends.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Maria E. Sophocles's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1991)

AARP