Dr. Mark E. Zafereo

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Zafereo

I was treated with such kindness and care from the minute I walked in. Surgery is never what you want but if that's what is in your future you could not be in better hands.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

When I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer I found Dr. Mark Zafereo. I was so nervous but he is so knowledgeable and kind, my fears were gone after the first meeting. I 100% knew what to expect … from the tests, to the surgery to how I would feel in the hospital and the aftercare. The fear of the unknown was gone. My surgery was a complete success. Dr Zafereo's saw me in the hospital the next day and has called me twice at home to see how I was doing. This doctor and his ENTIRE team are all so compassionate, caring, highly skilled and absolutely amazing.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

I recently was diagnosed with a nodule, to my right thyroid I was referred to Dr. Zafereo by my ENT to discuss options. I was pleasantly surprised to know that even though we did not think it was cancer Dr. Zafereo was thorough in making that conclusion. Dr Zafereo and his staff were very responsive to my needs ,questions , concerns. everyone there is extremely organized. Dr Zafereo is one in a Million . One of few Drs who still sits and talks to his patient. I was blessed to have him as My Surgeon. Virtually no scarring from surgery. Thank you Dr. Zafereo and staff for such wonderful services. Keep up the great work!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018

Dr Zafereo is a highly skilled surgeon with great people skills.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

This man is the embodiment of caring for others. His heart is only matched by his talents as a surgeon. He is the total package. If you are in the unfortunate circumstance of needing his services, be thankful and grateful that he is at your side. God has certainly blessed this world with angels like him and his incredible staff. He surrounds himself with the best because the best want to work with him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Dr. Zafereo is a very compassionate doctor and probably the very best surgeon you could have for head and neck surgery, especially for thyroid and neck procedures. I had a 7 hour procedure with Dr. Zafereo that involved removal of my thyroid and a large number of lymph nodes around my neck. I was extremely nervous about the whole procedure, given all of the risks. Dr. Zafereo and his team explained all of the risks and the procedure itself in great detail in a way that I could generally understand. Dr. Zafereo also has a great PA, Joanne Melson, who is an excellent resource for all of Dr. Zafereo’s patients. They never made me feel rushed with my numerous questions, even though they have a tremendous workload. Dr. Zafereo is also very involved after surgery, as well. He personally checked on me each day I was in the hospital instead of just sending a junior member of his team as can sometimes happen, referred me to another doctor for my scar from the procedure, and cheerfully saw me for several follow up appointments after my procedure. I feel very blessed to have been able to come to Dr. Zafereo for my care. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of head and neck surgery.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Great Dr! He was very straight forward with me on the diagnosis and treatment plan for my cancer. I feel very comfortable with his knowledge and his team. They are all very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr Zafereo is a super-star doctor! His knowledge is tip/top! He cured my Stage 4 head and neck cancer! I can't say enough good words about him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Zafereo was very professional in explaining my surgery, including possible results. After a successful 10 hour surgery my aggressive cancer was removed and my recovery is great! The followup he conducted by visiting me in the hospital and the overseeing of my radiation made me confident that he was using all resources to help me. I appreciate his attention to my medical needs and obvious compassion for his patients. He shares the same belief that I have knowing God is with us!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Mark E. Zafereo's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 2005)