Dr. Thomas V. O'Hagan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Thomas V. O'Hagan

My PT told me that Dr. O'Hagan is doing it right, that his patient get back a full range of motion. I had both knees replaced first one 7/19/2019 and the second on 10/25/2019 and as 12/16/2019 I am back to work. On my initial visit Dr. O'Hagan told me that on a scale from 1 to 10 that my knees are a 25 and after having them replaced I now see why he said that. Frist knee replacement was schedule for a 1 1/2 hour surgery but end up taking 2 1/2 hours that's how bad it was. I'm happy to say after having both knees replaced, and doing PT at Dynamics PT that I'm walking without pain and as a side effect I'm back up to 6' 2" in height.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2019

I tore my left labrum during a swim meet and was told I needed to have surgery. I had no complications, problems, or even pain afterwards. I am back to full range of motion and almost full strength after seven months. Dr O'Hagan was great! Super nice and explained everything very well.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

He is awesome... you will have an amazing comfortable experience.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

bright energetic, extremely helpful staff, experience at copper ridge surgery was exemplary

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Last year I had to have knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus and shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. He takes the time to listen to your symptoms and answers any questions you have in easy to understand terms. If surgery is your option of choice then he tells you exactly what he is going to do and the timeline for recovery. Critical to a full recovery is doing exactly what he and the physical therapist recommend for exercises. I am back doing activities with no pain.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

When I was a junior in highschool, I tore my ACL while playing basketball. We visited Dr. O'Hagan and decided to go with a reconstructive surgery that used my own tissue. He was very approachable, answering all the questions and concerns we had. For the following year, until I was released from his care, he continued to monitor my progress, making sure I was progressing properly in physical therapy and healing appropriately. Although the diagnosis was overwhelming, after a successful surgery and months of physical therapy, I was able to return to sports. Getting back onto the court was difficult, but within a few practices, I was more confident and was able to reclaim my starting position and end the season with a place on the all-area and all-conference teams. I am thankful for the excellent care provided by Dr. O'Hagan.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Dr. O'Hagan was very nice and very knowledgeable. He was especially knowledgeable and experienced with sports injuries. I would recommend him to anyone in the Northern Michigan area with knee, foot, ankle, and shoulder injuries and especially sports related injuries. His experience as an athlete and as a Dr in professional sports makes him one of the most well trained orthopedic surgeons in our area.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Did an absolutely outstanding job with my son's ACL surgery and rehab...I give him the highest possibly recommendation.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Thomas V. O'Hagan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. O’Hagan completed his orthopaedic training at the University of Chicago and further specialized in Sports Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University where he worked as a team physician with the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, and Flyers. He serves as the head orthopaedic surgeon for the Traverse City Beach Bums minor league baseball team as well as an orthopaedic surgeon for the Detroit Red Wings during Training Camp. He has written several book chapters on Sports Medicine topics and is involved with current research on various sports related injuries. In 2015, he was one of four orthopaedic surgeons selected to travel the country giving talks and sharing insight on arthroscopic treatment of sports related shoulder and knee injuries. Dr. O’Hagan played baseball at the University of Notre Dame and understands the importance of returning injured athletes of all ages to their sport as quickly and safely as possible. Dr. O’Hagan is married to Alissa O’Hagan who is a physician at Northwood Obstetrics and Gynecology and they have 3 young children. Dr. O’Hagan continues to stay active by playing hockey and baseball, and competes regularly in triathlons.

• English
  • Spanish

• University of Notre Dame (Grad. 2000)
  • New York Medical College (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Chicago (Grad. 2012)
  • Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2013)

• 2015 AANA Advanced Arthroscopy Traveling Fellowship