Ratings for Dr. Austin L. Churchill

I do not agree with the person below, but we all for our own opinions. I have been seeing Dr. Churchill for over a year now. I have moderate to severe pain, daily, around the clock. She has always been patient with me, kind, funny and yes.. although it can take a bit to get in to see her (she carries a LARGE load of patients because she is one of TWO doctors, with ONE PRN) she listens and is supportive. She is pretty overwhelmed and it is hard to find another doctor at this moment according to staff. There may be a time or two where we haven't agreed, where I feel I need more testing and she doesn't.. but she is the doctor, and I trust her decisions. She changes my meds as needed, if it does not work, we try something new.. but she has always been VERY thorough in our appointments in explaining side effects...etc. and very good at listening to my concerns. As a matter a fact after our first appt and being shoves around from doc to doc before I as referred to her, I left her office scared it was going to be another bad experience with another "bad doc" well, she took the time to call be within 15 min of me leaving to check on me because she felt I felt discouraged, and was concerned about my well being and wanted to reassure me that she will so everything she can to help me, it just will take time. What kind of doctor does that? I tell you what.. a VERY GOOD one!! Her husband is also a highly respected, and highly rated good Neuro in the area. He has awesome reviews and he sounds a LOT like her. Patient, Kind and GREAT bedside manners! I HIGHLY recommend her. The only real issue is the wait times!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I was forced into seeing this doctor after my doctor left the practice. I should have looked for a new doctor when I found out she was leaving. Dr. Churchill is another pain doctor that has a "God Complex". It does not matter what you say or how you feel if she does not agree then your just out of luck. According to her, when I stated to her "I do not think you understand the pain I go through each and everyday". She replied by saying I do know your pain and I wouldn't go there if I were you. Also, you might want to take half a day off work if you need to see this doctor. My last appointment was at 10 am and I was not called into the exam room until 11:16am. I then had to wait as she typed on her laptop and sending text on her phone while saying "I will be with you in just a minute". Also cancels appointments. I would advise not one person to see her or if you are her patient please find a new doctor ASAP because she can and will turn on you in the drop of a dime.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

Dr. Austin L. Churchill's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA