Ratings for Dr. Padmaja Chilakapati

This was a current doctor of mine for about 7 years until i was told she's no longer seeing adults and my experience with her was awful terrible to say the least and i do not like to talk about anyone but she made me feel as if i was a piece of trash and just in there to get medication. She never really listened to me about my concerns and questioned my sincerity about my severe anxiety and panic issues and the medication that she prescribed for it which i do have and made me feel like a liar and i am looking a new psychiatrist. I think she seemed very judgemental and did not approve of me at all and i am glad that she is no longer my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Doctor C. From the start was very imcompassionate, I'm a 38 year old man recovering from cocaine addiction, the moment she saw i was an addict she seemed very distant and cocky. Basically made me feel like the feelings and symptoms i had were irrelevant and didn't exist. She treated me as if i were a criminal that just came off the street. I didn't feel as if i were treated as a mentally ill depressed patient. After our session i saw her with another patient and she acted completely opposite of how she treated me. It was as if she treated people accordingly to of she "approved" of them as a person. I felt as if she were very judgement of me and really didn't seem to care about anything i talked to her about. Ive heard "horror stories" about Chestnut Ridge in general, but i still gave it a Chance because I've been searching for a decent doctor / psychiatrist for years. Needless to say, i won't return to this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013