Ratings for Dr. Maija B. Sanna

Terrible doctor should not be treating seniors as she has absolutely no empathy for them. Makes very poor care decisions and is impossible to get a hold of by phone. Staff generally unresponsive unless it's an emergency.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Terrible, uncaring doctor. Has no concern for her elderly patients, only cares about not being sued. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Sanna doesn't really seem to make much of an effort to establish rapport with her patients. She walked in late, apologized in a monotone voice and proceeded with a very matter of fact, distant series of questioning. Which I guess you might expect from a Dr seeing patient after patient, bored with the routine. I'm sure she is very knowledgeable, but didn't really include me in her thought processes e.g. What she was doing, why she was doing it or what to expect. If you don't mind an in and out, straight to the point experience being just another inanimate patient on the table and don't need to know what's going on, then Dr Sanna is fine. But if this makes you feel like you're not getting your time's worth, and want to be able to know what's going on without feeling like you are imposing, then see if you can find a doctor recommended by your friends.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Because my primary doctor was booked up for weeks after the Christmas holidays, I was given an "urgent care" appointment with Dr. Sanna in the UCLA Geriatrics Division in Santa Monica. I was half an hour late, but she was still able to see me. Her questions and examination were thorough, her manner professional yet pleasant. Because she was unable to come up with a definitive diagnose of my problems she ordered blood tests and xrays, the results of which were given to my primary care physician. I recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Sanna walked in late, gave me a look of disdain, didn't bother to introduce herself, and sat down at the computer with her back to me while speaking. She washed her hands and didn't bother to dry them before examining my injury, which was uncomfortable. She offered generic advice I could have looked up myself, and referred me to someone else as fast as she could. She ended the appt by leaving without saying anything at all. WORST doctor experience I have ever had. If you get scheduled to see her, request ANYONE else. Her overall demeanor was unprofessional and she acted like she just didn't give a crap and couldn't wait to leave. Not the kind of person you would trust to take care of you when you're sick or injured.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Maija B. Sanna's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2006)

Healthnet