Ratings for Dr. Nael Shanti

I am super glad I got in quick and he had a plan of action. My surgery went great. I was in a lot of pain beforehand and now I feel completely different.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

Dr. Shanti is a wonderful physician and takes time to listen to his patients.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

I thank god for this man and for me knowing about Cary Orthopedics. I cam here with no hope that anybody could help me and he gave me hope. Dr. Shanti gave me hope. I would recommend him to anybody. He is caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Dr. Shanti did an excellent job. I put a lot of trust in him and he went far beyond my expectations. Dr. Shanti even called me on a Saturday to speak to me when everywhere else was closed. I would say he was a true god send.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

I went to Dr Shanti several times and the last time being for pain in my back that comes and goes; lasting from days to weeks. My hope was that I could get a referral to physical therapy to learn how to manage what was causing the pain as I didn't want to continue seeing a Chiropractor who sometimes did and sometimes didn't give me relief. By the time my appointment with Dr. Shanti arrived, the pain had gone away and going to physical therapy would have been of no use. He wrote me a referral to physical therapy so it would be on file when the pain returned. I was told that the referral expired after 30 days, but he told me to let him know when it came back, if after 30 days, and he would write another referral. I called today and was told he would not write the referral again unless I, first, came back to see him. Having lied to me about my needing to see him again before writing the referral, I left a message that he would no longer be my spine doctor. Although he seems attentive and caring at the appointments, I don't recommend him, although I will continue to go to Cary Spine Center. I will definitely see someone else, though.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Dr. Shanti is very personable and caring, with good bedside manner which gave me a high level of trust.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

I only have positive things to say about Dr. Shanti. Fantastic doctor, kind, listens, takes time with you and explains everything in detail, has a great bedside manner....just a lovely person! Fixed my problem 100%. Would HIGHLY recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Shanti. He is completely understanding and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Excellent experience all around. From my first visit through post-op, Dr Shanti and staff were very responsive to any and all needs!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Everything was great once I came out of surgery! Dr. Shanti did a fantastic job. My pain is completely gone. You cannot ask for anything more than that. Terry W.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Nael Shanti's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nael Shanti completed his undergraduate education at the University of South Florida where he graduated magna cum laude. He attended Saint George University School of Medicine and completed his orthopaedic surgery training at the State University of New York. Dr. Shanti completed a spine surgery fellowship at the prestigious New England Baptist Hospital, Tufts University program with an emphasis on minimally invasive spine surgery. A renowned researcher and educator with a strong passion for continuing the advancement of spine surgery, Dr. Shanti has published multiple papers and authored multiple chapters with an emphasis on disk replacement surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery. He has presented at multiple international spine meetings with a passion for education. He was awarded best researcher award three consecutive years by the Brooklyn Orthopaedic Society. Dr. Shanti is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a fellow for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. His past experience includes positions as a clinical assistant instructor at the State University of New York and a clinical instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts University in Boston, MA. Known for providing compassionate and patient-centric care, Dr. Shanti believes strongly in listening to his patients and formulating a treatment plan that actively involves the patient in their care to optimize their recovery and desire for a pain-free lifestyle. Dr. Shanti is honored that he has been recognized and awarded Top Orthopaedic Doctor by the Leading Physician of the World.

• English

• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Sprains and strains
  • Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
  • Cervical spondylosis
  • Neck pain
  • Back Pain
  • Low Back Pain

• Iota Epsilon Alpha, Medical Honor Society
  • Golden Key Honor Society
  • Best Researcher, Brooklyn Orthopaedic Society Research Award
  • Top Orthopaedic Doctor, Leading Physicians of the World

• Cary Orthopaedic Spinal Research Foundation (CASF)

UnitedHealthcare