Ratings for Dr. Ignacio Armas

I have been seeing Dr. Armas for 1 1/2 years now for hormone pellet therapy. I can't tell you how great Dr. Armas was from the very beginning, answering the many questions I had about this process and what to expect. He walks you through every step, listens to how you are feeling and makes modifications to help with any changes you may be experiencing. All of the staff is very courteous and seem to really enjoy each other and working together. It is great to find a Dr. that truly cares.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Quality of life. That's what it's all about for me. I'm so pleased with the recent surgery inserting a sling to support my bladder. I haven't been able to go through a day without bladder leakage for the past 5 years. For 20 years I've dealt with embarrassing moments when I coughed or sneezed. My problem was bad enough for my husband to notice and to encourage me to go through with the surgery. Dr. Armas and his staff gave me so much support when considering this surgery. I'm not suffering any longer and can enjoy physical activity without wearing a pad. I was one of those women facing adult diapers in the near future. Thank you Dr. Armas and your staff for taking my health seriously and doing such an incredible job!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I am extremely satisfied. Everything about my experience with Dr. Armas and his staff has been five stars and beyond. This is the doctor you want to take care of you. I trust him and all his advice. He was very knowledgeable and he actually cares about his patients

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Armas for 2 years at the Riverview office. His staff is always friendly and helpful. I had a mammogram and my yearly exam and was in an out in 1hour but did not feel rushed at all. I would highly recommend Dr. Armas.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I don't wish to end anybody's career or livelihood but I am looking for another Physician. originally dr. Armas was really wonderful I think he's lost sight of what's important I really hope he comes back full circle but I am looking for a new dr. I do not like wasting four hours of my day for routine visits For a five minute exam by him he doesn't even look at you anymore he doesn't have any kind of conversation with you or make you feel comfortable and I don't like the fact that I can't choose my doctor there once you're with him you have to stay with him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I have been patient of dr armas for many years a tumer was found accidently by Mr I he did tah he was terrific a superior job and the best bed side manners if you have problem or question he has no problem spending the time with you to help at a very emotional time as the surgery causes you to go into surgical menopause he didn't hesitate to get me relief he's the best don't know what I'll do if he retires

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I would do anything to know what I know now and never have surgery through this Doctor...anything. His staff and waiting is fine. Who cares if surgery is done right, but..if mutilated, you will never get your life back. Drive hours, get out of Brandon.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Would someone please find us an alternative to Armas? I've read the reviews - after leaving 1 myself almost 6 years ago... these recent ones are accurate and we're not the only ones feeling this way. I'm not happy for wasting almost 2 hours everytime I go for an insertion when it should not take more than 20 minutes. I make my appts 6 months in advance only to find out that I'm #10 to be called in almost an hour to even get started (no problem paying in advance). Not only is front desk staff different every time I go in, but there is no continuity with the nurse staff either. This started happening almost 4 years ago & has only been getting progressively worse at the Riverview office. I've been researching for almost a week now & cannot find a convenient alternative. Ideas anyone?

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

The 1st problem with the office was receiving a letter saying I needed to schedule a repeat pap " due to your last one being unsatisfactory." This letter was received 2 months after the original pap!! And, the day I was leaving for a 3 1/2 week vacation to Australia & NZ! My husband handled the whole thing the next day and found out THEY HAD DONE IT SO FAST THEY DID NOT GET A GOOD SAMPLE! Whenever I ask Dr. Armas about my blood results for pellets, he gets real short and snappy. When I had to wait for 1 1/2 hr for my appt, i let him know it was inconvenient. He said they had an emergency, I said then it's appropriate to give the patient the choice to stay or reschedule! He got bent out of shape! If I hadn't had pellets scheduled in 2 weeks, I would have quit his practice then. I go back in for my pellets, you have to pay up front, and I had another hour wait! There are lots of other good Dr.'s, out there who do bio-hormones. Don't be treated like a $ waiting to be harvested!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I went to visit this doctor for post-hysterectomy bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. I was told by the insurance biller my "insurance is great" and I would only have to pay $175 per pellet insertion. Going in for my first appointment, I was told I had to pay almost double that "just in case the insurance doesn't pay". I challenged this, as I'd only budgeted for what I'd been told I'd need to pay and they refused to budge. Given that I already felt iffy about the poor service from this practice, this level of greed and poor patient care was the needle that broke the camel's back. Moving on.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Ignacio Armas's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1982)