Dr. Steven S. Lee's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Lee began practicing orthopedic medicine following his fellowship in spine surgery at the University of California, Los Angeles. He received his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine and completed his internship and residency at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center. He is a board-certified member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society.
- University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
- University of California San Diego (Grad. 1998)
Areas of Expertise
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal stenosis
- Neck pain
Awards & Recognitions
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Annual Resident Research Award, Basic Sciences, Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSD Medical Center
- Leadership Academy Scholarship Award, California Medical Association
- NIH Predoctoral Fellowship Short Term Research Training Award
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Regents Scholar, College Honors, Departmental Highest Honors in Biology, University of California, Los Angeles
Publications & Research
- Lee SS. Unilateral Facet Dislocation: Surgery vs. Non-operative Treatment, in The Cervical Spine, 5th ed,. Benzel E (ed). Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, in press.
- Lee SS. Posterior Pedicle Screw Fixation with Posterior-Lateral Fusion, in Advanced Reconstruction: Spine, Wang JC (ed). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2011.
- Lee SS, Lee KJH, Abit-bol JJ, Wang JC. Cervicore Cervical Intervertebral Disc Replacement, in Dynamic Reconstruction of the Spine. Kim, Cammisa, and Fessler (eds.). Thieme Medical Publishers, 2006.
- Lee SS, Nguyen A, Fish D, Wang JC. Diagnostic evaluation of Chronic Low Back Pain, in Low Back Pain. Johnson T and Jenis LG (eds.). Rosemont, IL, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2005.
- Lee SS, Bono CM. Physical Examination, in Spine (Orthopaedic Surgery Essentials). Bono CM and Garfin SR (eds.). Philadelphia, PA, Lippincott, Williams &Wilkins, 2004.
- Bynum CK, Lee S, Mahar A, Tasto J, Pedowitz R. Failure mode of suture anchors as a function of insertion depth. Am J Sports Med. 2005 Jul; 33(7):1030-4.
- Mahar AT, Lee SS, LaLonde F, Impelluso T, Newton PO. Biomechanical comparisons of Stainless Steel and Titanium Nails for Fixation of Simulated Femoral Fractures. J Pediatr Ortho. 2004 Nov-Dec; 24(6):638-41.
- Fricka KB, Mahar AT, Lee SS, Newton PO. Biomechanical analysis of antegrade and retrograde flexible intramedullary nail fixation of pediatric femoral fractures using a synthetic bone model. J Pediatr Orthop. 2004 Mar-Apr; 24(2):167-71.
- Newton PO, Lee SS, Mahar AT, Farnsworth CL, Weinstein CH. Thoracoscopic multilevel anterior instrumented fusion in a goat model. Spine. 2003, Jul 15;28(14):1614-20.
- White KK, Lee SS, Cutuk A, Hargens AR, Pedowitz RA. EMG power spectra of intercollegiate athletes and ACL injury risk in females. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003, Mar;35(3):371-6
- Lee SS, Mahar AT, Miesen D, Newton PO. Displaced pediatric supracondylar humerus fractures: biomechanical analysis of percutaneous pinning techniques. J Pediatr Orthop. 2002 Jul-Aug;22(4):440-3.
- Newton PO, Fricka KB, Lee SS, Farnsworth CL, Cox TG, Mahar AT. Asymmetrical flexible tethering of spine growth in an immature bovine model. Spine, 2002 Apr 1;27(7):689-93.
- Lee SS, Mahar AT, Newton PO. Enderâ€™s nail fixation of pediatric femur fractures: A biomechanical analysis. J Pediatr Ortho, 21(4): 442-5, 2001.
- Lee SS, Sartoris DJ. Clinical quiz: Osteochondritis dissecans. Applied Radiology. December: 42-45, 1998.
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
- Coventry Health Care