Ratings for Dr. Safir Azam

I love Dr Azam. He has saved my life more than once. He patiently walked me through 3 or 4 years on the bi-polar med cocktail carousel. He and his staff are both patient and kind and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I saw Dr. Azam due to a personal issue I was facing. He was an intent listener and provided great support to help me overcome the problems I was facing. He adapted his schedule to provide me great flexibility in choosing the time for my appointment, always tried to delve deeper into my problems, and demonstrated genuine empathy with my situation.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr Azam is a very good doctor and amazing listener

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Finding a good psychiatrist can be a challenge and I feel very lucky to have found Dr Azam. He is a great listener, and conveys concern for his patients. He is hopeful and optimistic and is respectful of his patient’s concerns and feelings. He has an excellent understanding of medications and their safety issues and interactions. He stops medications if they haven't worked after a reasonable amount of time and honors a patient's wishes to change doses or medications if there are side effects. He is flexible enough to try another treatment or approach if the first ones don't work. He communicates with other physicians and therapists if necessary. He is conscientious and respectful of the patient's time. He is warm and empathic and has a manner that makes it easy for patients to feel comfortable confiding in him. I highly recommend Dr Azam.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr. Azam helped me when I needed the most, I feel blessed to have him as my Doctor, he is always makes time when you have questions

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr Azam is very knowledgeable. He has helped me in coping my anxiety, depression. I feel very fortunate that he is my doctor

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I am a former patient of Dr. Azam (not by choice, but by force of my relocating) and I only have good things to say about him. Prior to visiting Dr. Azam I had struggled with depression beginning in high school and the addition of anxiety as an undergraduate, but I was always able to get by with little assistance from medical professionals. My experience with psychiatrists and psychologists was unpleasant, to say the least. As for many students, the pressures and difficulty of graduate school heightened my anxiety and fatigue to a disruptive intensity; so much so that I sought help. Dr. Azam was the first psychiatric professional that I have felt comfortable with and believed was not providing treatment for me as a means to and end, that is, for a paycheck. He was always quick to answer my inquiries when we were not meeting, and both attentive and responsive when we were. Finding the right medication, if so needed, is a difficult task, and Dr. Azam was sensitive to my needs and my own thoughts on the medications prescribed. He worked quite diligently to find prescriptions that were well suited for my symptoms and how my body responded to the medication. Apart from this, with full confidence, I can say that Dr. Azam is not only a good psychiatrist, but a good person. He sincerely cares about his patients and is a very outgoing person, the kind of person that most people seeking medical attention for psychiatric care will benefit from. It takes some effort to find a psychiatric professional that is fitting for you individually, all I can say is that meeting with Dr. Azam is quite worth including in your search for the right care.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Azam helped me tremendously with my anxiety. He provided tremendous amount of hospitality while I was in treatment, and I have never met a doctor who is easily reachable and understanding. You can even TEXT him and he follows up directly with you. He closely monitored my status and the medication dosages, to make sure I am getting the right treatment / not getting dependent / help me easily wean off, etc. In the end I have been med free for a long long time and don't even remember what a panic attack feels like any more. Great psychiatrist / therapist.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I have seen a few doctors over the past years but all treatments failed (i.e. I was still not able to function and/or side effects were too invasive) . I was recommended Dr. Azam and he immediately understood my condition and provided a treatment that has allowed me to save my job, actually thrive (I was able to focus, finally), taken away most of my psychosis and self-destructive anxiety and stabilize my emotions. His training in both emergency medecine and psychiatry must certainly help his superior diagnosis/assessment capability. Thank you, Dr. Azam.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Awful awful Doctor. Incompetent. Office is disorganized. Just now got a secretary to review files after two years! Didn't know my name. Didn't remember me. Then tried to blame me for not following up with him. Asked me my age to insult me for not following up with him. Argued on the phone with me while continuing to insult and blame me. Stopped my prescription and wouldn't refill. Which was a prescription that shouldn't be stopped. I'd seriously recommend not allowing this doctor to care for you. There are other doctors out there. Doctors who are compassionate and really care. Dr. Azam is not one of them!

Submitted October 13, 2015