Ratings for Dr. Carl M. Fisher

I felt like my husband and I had been scammed after our visits. Dr. Fisher pushes this eyelid surgery (must be where he makes his money!) and is willing to dupe the insurance company in order to make it work. Both of our perscriptions that were filled were filled incorrectly. We will NEVER be back.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

I had droopy eyelids really causing vision problems, the surgical need was not just a cosmetic desire. I allowed this doctor to do the procedure, and I found out why it's lunacy to let an ophthalmologist perform that kind of surgery. He convinced me that due to existing blindness in one eye that he knew more about my eyes than a plastic surgeon. The incisions opened on both eyes, but on recheck, he said everything was all right. Now I have wide, white scars on my eyelids where the incisions opened but weren't fixed, and thinner white scars across my eyelids where the incisions were made...very noticeable, even with makeup. After the surgery, almost my entire face was swollen and bruised. My sister had the same surgery by a plastic surgeon, and she had minor bruising and invisible results on her eyelids. It's CRAZY to let an eye doctor do surgery for droopy eyelids. I would never do that again. Especially not with this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Very pleased with service from Dr Fisher and all staff alike during entire 2 years under his care. Highly recommended. My glaucoma was identified and treated to a stable position. Always provided appt. reminders and promptly sorted out prescription problems with Walgreens !

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Doctor had his nurse document complaints that I did not have in order to get more money from Insurance company for my visit. Was not very nice, to me or his staff. Did not spend time regarding my actual reason for visit, instead, tried to talk me into having treatment for droopy eyelids and other things that I was NOT there for.This doctor seems to be more interested in getting money from insurance than in actually treating his patients.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2007

Does not communicate what insurance will cover verses what they will not cover. This office will take advantage of you if you don't do all of your homework up front. We were told insurance carrier approved and would cover the cost of the procedure. After the procudure was completed we recieved a statement from the doctors office showing what was covered and what was not. Insurance company was never contacted for a pre-approval so consequently the majority of the costs were not covered and had to come out of our pocket. We were mis-led from the beginning and consequently had to pay for it. The interesting thing about this whole mess is we were a long time patient of this doctor and we were treated like dirt.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2006

Dr. Carl M. Fisher's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1974)

MB Health