Ratings for Dr. Carl G. Speer

My only complaint is that my endoscopy was postponed from April to July. I was quite anxious to have it done, and felt it could have been rescheduled for an earlier date. I was frustrated by that, as I had waited a long time from my office visit to original date. As for the procedure itself, I have no complaints at all.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

He is best thank God he has been a great Dr for my liver disease

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Speer for over a decade. He and his staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. They always go out of their way to get to the bottom of things and find whatever is needed. Very caring and friendly. They gave different locations to accomadate us. I wouldn't go any where else.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Wonderful clinician. Very knowledgeable. Cares about patients.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Always is friendly. Knows his field well. Explains things in terms that are understandable.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Ver nice staff, vert helpful, Dr. Speers was so nice at my procedure that I felt very at ease.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I had a upper endoscopy and dialation of my esophagus. Dr. Speer did a great job. I had difficulties swollowing before the procedure and now after the proceedure i swollow fine. I am very grateful to Dr Speer.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

My husband had a battery of tests since April and didn't get an appointment with him until June. In the meantime my husband was in the hospital for a week in May. More tests with no results. Saw Speer on the 9th of June and told him he see him back in 3 months. When I tried to explain my husband's symptoms he was very condescending and wouldn't listen. Another doctor sent him to the ER on June 15th and my husband died June 27th from pancreatic cancer which is supposed to be one of Speer's specialities. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone ever.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Dr. Carl Speer was extremely rude just as I was laying on my side ready for the procedure. Dr. Speer said, in a rough demanding voice, "What are you doing here?", "you just had a colonoscopy 3 years ago". If he had looked at the paperwork, he would have seen I had polops when I had my last colonoscopy and my Primary Care recommended I get another colonoscopy now. Dr. Speer then said, "we will see before I put you under" Then he started sticking the probe up my rectum which hurt. After I complained about the pain, he then he told the Anthologist to go ahead and put me under. No bedside manner, unless you call being rude and demeaning good beadside manner. I have had 2 Colonoscopies since by Dr. Soued. Great Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

My recent scheduled colonoscopy went without any complications. Dr. Speer was very thorough during the consultation appointment, explaining exactly what the procedure would entail, and I had no difficulties after the colonoscopy. I would definitely recommend Dr. Speer.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr. Carl G. Speer's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1981)

• BCBS Florida