Ratings for Dr. Mary J. Wilkinson

She is a terrible doctor. She is a business woman, not really a doctor. My mother had stage 4 Brest cancer and had become too weak to do chemo. She just randomly refused to treat her and refused to speak to us. As a family, all we wanted was some kind of medical proof, a chest ct or petscan, to confirm the status of her condition. Without any kind of medical proof she just diagnosed her as nearing end of life, refused to even see her or talk to us. As a doctor I’m sure she sees the signs. But we just needed to know how bad it was. If she had just done a scan, the last month of my mother’s life would have been different. We would have known how bad her condition was and focused on making her happy. Instead, we were scrambling to find another doctor. What the review below says is completely true. She never explains, never prepared for appts. She is always away on conferences. I could write a book on how bad she is. Go to her at your own risk.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

She does not talk, does not explain, and provides only canned answers to questions. She does not have a proactive attitude toward your care and follows only "standard of care" workflows. If you have something out of the ordinary, she is not a good choice.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Dr. Wilkinson is fantastic. I am a clinical pharmacist and my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Mom moved up here from TN to get treatment. Mom doesnt generally trust doctors and HATES medication, but Mary has been patient with her and got mom to a point to accept treatment. Dr W is respectful of moms wishes to decline some options. Mary has answered my questions with expertise. I have a high standard for what I consider a "good" doctor, and I think shes the BEST. Her support team completes the package! We hate that mom has cancer, but 5 years later, we look forward to our checkups with Dr Wilkinson!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

I was a dead man walking, with little hope. I admire Dr. Mary J. Wilkinson so much. Her referrals are also simply the best. She is extremely knowledgeable in general. I was so ill, now I am 100% A-OKay. I cannot put in words my gratitude for her. While her treatments are 'mainstream, tried & true' , her knowledge of modern, open minded, alternatives are without peer. I found her very easy to talk to. She is indeed very special. She gave me the edge. You need to be able to intelligently discuss 'out side the box' solutions with her, then she will open up a little in regards to holistic practices. Having her as your MD is like going to Vegas and playing blackjack with a 1% edge over the house.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

There are many positives to this practice of doctors and staff. If you are looking for someone who will do hospital rounds, give you some caring support, stay in your corner until the end- you may want to try another. Dr. Wilkinson IS highly respected, but I did not feel as though she was in our battle much. Very much an"inside the box" type. We visited Cancer Treatment Centers, and found alot of help that was missing. We even brought back standard treatment options to her! My wife could not be cured, but there were missteps along the way that may have prolonged quality of life. Also, this doctor is not helpful with exploring options for other treatments - we had to find our own after Dr. Wilkinson "ran out" of options. Dr. Felice is warm/Patch Adams kind. Dr. Cuevo is nice too. Both are part of the team, and are much more personable in the fight.Dr. W office visits seemed to be on a timer with her.The chemo nurses and staff are excellent.If you are near Philly, do explore CTCA.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

She and her staff were very proactive in taking my wife as a new patient. Course of treatment for breast cancer was started in Houston just as we were being transferred here. Their office was able to get all the records and become familiar with us before we even got here. They had an appointment for us within 72 hours of arrival in VA. We very much appreciate what they have done for us so far. Dr. Wilkinson is very kind, considerate and took the time to not just talk to my wife, but listen, hear, and address her concerns.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Wilkinson is the best! She has taken care of me for 7 years. I never feel rushed, the wait is never long, and her staff/PA's are great! They return calls the same day and treat all concerns very seriously. I feel very lucky to have found her!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Dr. Wilkinson has saved my life over and over again. I am a 3 year breast cancer survivor (age 35). Her treatment plan has saved my life and she truly cares.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr.Wilkinson is wonderful! She is extremely knowledgeable, and VERY caring! Her staff is always upbeat, positive, friendly, and organized! There is not one bad thing to say about her!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

I had serious side effects from estrogen blockers...I feel worse now than when I started treatment

flag | Submitted November 29, 2006

Dr. Mary J. Wilkinson's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal